Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Dirkvl. You can call jolla and tell them no more keyboard before copy& paste. We need some serious blackmail to help jolla
will do.

10chars

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
From reading this thread onlookers might think there is no copy and paste in SailfishOS. The problem is just that you can't copy from non text fields eg. from a web page.

There's also something weird going on with some forum message inputs, including this one, where you can't select text and the cursor dissapears.

These are obviously important to fix. I'm just pointing out the situation isn't as bad as some paint it.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
From reading this thread onlookers might think there is no copy and paste in SailfishOS. The problem is just that you can't copy from non text fields eg. from a web page.
(fair point! Good to point that out.)
No, see your next statement below...

There's also something weird going on with some forum message inputs, including this one, where you can't select text and the cursor dissapears.
Yes, lets say you want yo split up quotes like this, its harder than it should be.

These are obviously important to fix. I'm just pointing out the situation isn't as bad as some paint it.
Damn straight. It's even worse since they seems to be ignorant to the fact that its not working. It would even better without it since now they will probloy ignore it forever saying that they have copy&paste and they don't...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-05-26 at 15:28.

Tags
copy&paste plz, firmware, sailfish