hello

first of all i am new to maemo, tried today to port my n900 to use android by the tool NITDroid, used a guide written in my local language, it seems that i had a messed up system so some of the commands i used when i was installing nitdroid results in errors, so i wanted to reflash my n900 and that what screwed everything up.

I did reboot then i got the multiboot screen, i chose the second one and did restore backup, then it did restore successfuly and completely ruined my OS and made my phone unbootable, i hadn't any choice to boot maemo, whether i open the slid or close it, it wont boot up maemo so i did this "Restore Backup" thing, now my phone is unbootable, and my USB port is broken, so i have no way to reflash or do anything to it, i used to play with the winscp but now i cant access the OS to use it, any idea to get me out of this trouble?

Regards.

Sorry to say this, because of the failed restore with backupmenu your N900 is bricked now, and the only way to flash a fresh Maemo system is to get the USB-Port working again.

Edit:
Does it boot into multiboot menu, and/or do you have still access to backupmenu?

Last edited by eight; 2012-01-28 at 19:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
no, all i get is "NOKIA" logo and nothing else.

That is bad.

You had installed backupmenu which is highly recommended if usb-port is broken. But if anything goes wrong and booting into backupmenu fails, there is no way back unless you have something to boot from SD (u-boot can do it f.e.).

Now you can ...

... repair the broken usb-port to get the abilty to flash a fresh fremantle with flasher and "U"-key pressed at boot.

or

... sell it on ebay for half of the price of an used N900 (to some technician that looks for broken devices like this and repairs usb) and pay the double to get one with working usb-port.

The Following User Says Thank You to eight For This Useful Post:
Thank you for your help, Actually im going tomorrow to repair the broken port, then i will reflash it.
Regards.

i mistakely uninstalled power kenel of my nokia n900.when i switch on my phone, it shows only nokia logo and restat again and again. idont know what to do.will you help me.

Originally Posted by a_albarsha View Post
Thank you for your help, Actually im going tomorrow to repair the broken port, then i will reflash it.
Regards.
So was the re-soldering successful?