Active Topics

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I 2nd on the landmarks thing. Plus search could be improved, couldn't find the postcodes I tried (UK).

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Well, now put yourself in the position of Ovi Maps. Imagine that one of the 15 proposals is due next week and the other 14 are not even roadmapped. Should we resolve "Implemented" selecting only the one solution or should we leave the item open until, say 7 of the 15 eally different proposals are implemented?

In the meantime, imagine that Feature X proposed in Solution N is not implemented by Ovi Maps yet but there are several alternatives that implement it very well. Do we need to keep that part open because the solutions need to be around Ovi Maps or would users be happy just by getting the features from anybody now?

I believe some of the most voted "solutions" would deserve a brainstorm in its own. Turn by turn navigation is a good example.
I see your point. Maybe we should use this brainstorm to see what ideas are popular and then create a separate brainstorms for those?

Last edited by Sasler; 2009-12-13 at 21:49.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sasler For This Useful Post:
OK, I made a new brainstorm for Turn by Turn Navigation. Here is the Talk Link and Brainstorm Link. Please vote for the proposal.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hong Kong
good to have n900 to download the map from home country onto N900 directly (without software on PC suite). N900 is so powerful so I don't see why we still need to connect it via PC Suite

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
OK, I made a new brainstorm for Turn by Turn Navigation. Here is the Talk Link and Brainstorm Link. Please vote for the proposal.
You create duplicate for existing brain storm. I don't think it is good idea.
Original brainstorm is here: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...t_suggestions/

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Feature parity with the Symbian Ovi Maps seems like the most logical and easiest thing to ask.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Agree, all the latest Symbian stuf should be in like online routing and saving favorites etc.

Just make it like Ovi Maps 3 on symbian to start with.

Originally Posted by mikhmv View Post
You create duplicate for existing brain storm. I don't think it is good idea.
Original brainstorm is here: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...t_suggestions/
See post 12. There is a reason for this "duplicate".

Originally Posted by inzimam View Post
Just make it like Ovi Maps 3 on symbian to start with.
+1 on my E90 Maps 3.0 was fine to use it did all the basic things a navigation software needs to do. Before 3 it had some issues but 3 fixed a lot.