Active Topics

So, Jolla pays Nokia to use HERE services?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Sorta odd to see how Nokia's HERE being so well received since it really got its start on Windows Phone 8 initially. I would have never thought anybody here really had tried it due to the platform.

But as it stands, good news is good news. Now, onward to release dates outside of Finland and China.
it's basically the same thing IMO. the UI design is a direct rip of the N9s. they just added a few things (basically those hidden codes we found for the map mods). it still doesn't take into account traffic conditions, it only has the ability to show the conditions. but overall, the application is faster and more accurate. but symbian still one up's it with the ability to route around traffic.

but the platform is continually being updated which is what i'm more concerned about.

The Following User Says Thank You to sillieidiot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Is he talking about the Sailfish phone here?
https://twitter.com/jukkaeklund/stat...19882820427776

SpeedTest requires browser Flash support or dedicated mobile app.
It was already said that Jolla browser doesn't support Flash.
So if it is about Jolla then he uses Android SpeedTest app.

The Following User Says Thank You to PIDk For This Useful Post:
There should be HTML5 speedtests already. Can't they use WebSockets or WebRTC to make it? They really need to decommission that Flash monster for good.

Also, if you want to measure your bandwidth, there are other ways. For example use the device as a router, and measure it from your home computer. Then you can use Speedtest at will. Or use the classic iperf tool.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
I've used the link below for non-flash browsers. It is very consistent.

http://i.dslr.net/iphone_speedtest.html

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If not HTC buys Jolla....
Eh?

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
HERE is pretty damn good these days on Lumia.
Good to hear, should know much more about it in the coming wks, have had a 1020 for almost 48hrs.

Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
it's basically the same thing IMO. the UI design is a direct rip of the N9s. they just added a few things (basically those hidden codes we found for the map mods). it still doesn't take into account traffic conditions, it only has the ability to show the conditions. but overall, the application is faster and more accurate. but symbian still one up's it with the ability to route around traffic.
Hmm, will know if all this is correct soon enough...

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-07 at 02:58.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Re speed test, there is a link to a python script around the forums which allow a speed test via cli. Much better and less of an eyesore than speedtest.com's app on android...

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
All of you delusional anti-flash people line up in a row so we can all see your delusional, crazy, stupid opinion, so we can all know who are the people ignoring reality and are pretending that every day and every time when you wake up you don't need flash.

Every.....single.....news....website....uses....fl ash, knock it off

What is wrong with you, seriously? You can't just declare an alternate reality where flash is not used and doesn't exist, that doesn't work.

I can fill this whole thread page screen with everyday websites that use flash. There is something seriously wrong with you if you think you can function with a browser without flash.
daily show
Engadget
slashgear hulu
cnn
yahoo
youtube
redferret
amazon prime video
why am I making this list? I can go on for a long time.

This is stupid because every fast food place I have ever visited in my whole life uses flash and every grocery store and every bank and you live in a fantasy world and you need to knock it off and recognize flash is the tech being used right now.

Fine, go ahead with your delusion. Nobody is going to use your browser without flash. Check the stats, html5 is not widely implemented yet.
Regarding Jolla, I'll just use the Android browsers since they are living in the real world where people actually get stuff done and interact with the real world and their bank accounts and retailers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Forget about Flash and relax.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red