Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Well, even 2G is not very reliable here in The Netherlands on my Jolla phone (at least on my carrier T-Mobile, I've heard better things from Dutch Jolla users on other carriers). Other than that, I'm happy with my Jolla phone. Even 4G works very nicely. It's just that T-Mobile kinda ***** in providing enough 3G/4G coverage even though I'm living in a big city that keeps on growing so sometimes I have to rely on 2G and it's not so good on the Jolla phone because I have to be very lucky to be able to even place a call on 2G which works fine on 3G and 4G.

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
This has been discussed to the death on TMO. In short, the Jolla modem does not support the 3G/4G frequencies used over there.
Crap... It didn't cross my mind, that anyone could just roll 3G/LTE standard changing just this "minor" detail...
Well... Who to forbid the rich?

The Following User Says Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Except that you don't need to tell all your friends, family and business contacts what flavour of cigarettes/chewing gums you are using this month. SIM cards come with numbers attached.

Sure, but I was thinking about putting that extra SIM in the N900 to use as WIFI access point for which the number is not so important, preferably something prepaid.

OP has an N900 and N9 with 3G/3.5G but I suppose his main SIM will be in the Jolla but the other devices could serve as access point.

Not the most elegant solution but I can't help that 's the way things are if you decide not to follow the mainstream solution.

2000: look how small my mobile phone

2014: see me dragging around 3 devices, one with keyboard, one with camera, and the other one with the OS that should have been running on the other two.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by irulestar View Post
Oh. Good. So you have Jolla phone!?
I think you mistook it.
As what I saw, supergaban once leave this community (using android or ios or something not related with TMO) and then back again for some reasons.

As far I know, Jolla did not come to Indonesia yet, it's still not known whether it will come to Indonesia.
Only India and Hongkong are places in Asia where you can get Jolla.

Has anyone here tried using Sailfish on the Nexus 5?

I've been running it a couple of months now and I love it! Right now I have it installed with multirom so I can dual boot both CM11 and Sailfish.

There are only two things lacking in Sailfish on the Nexus 5: 1. The camera does not work 2. GPS (supposedly) works but there is no navigation software that I can use to test it. Otherwise I have bluetooth, 4G and all of the other goodies. I use it as a daily driver and swap over to Android any time I need NAV or the camera.

To all the US guys on this forum, this is seriously working great and will give you an almost fully functioning Sailfish experience.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Demati View Post
Has anyone here tried using Sailfish on the Nexus 5?

I've been running it a couple of months now and I love it! Right now I have it installed with multirom so I can dual boot both CM11 and Sailfish.

There are only two things lacking in Sailfish on the Nexus 5: 1. The camera does not work 2. GPS (supposedly) works but there is no navigation software that I can use to test it. Otherwise I have bluetooth, 4G and all of the other goodies. I use it as a daily driver and swap over to Android any time I need NAV or the camera.

To all the US guys on this forum, this is seriously working great and will give you an almost fully functioning Sailfish experience.
Have you tried the following navigation software to test the GPS?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=nokia+maps

Regards, n900user259

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
2000: look how small my mobile phone

2014: see me dragging around 3 devices, one with keyboard, one with camera, and the other one with the OS that should have been running on the other two.

2015:

What about a Jolla + Talkase other half (as 3G / LTE part via BT)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...a-mobile-lifes

Talkase is designed in conjunction with a patented iPhone (Jolla?) case that snaps on easily to your existing smartphone. The case not only provides protection for your existing phone, but it also conveniently stores your Talkase phone, plus it doubles as storage and is capable of storing your credit cards.

Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Have you tried the following navigation software to test the GPS?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=nokia+maps

Regards, n900user259
I would love to try it in Sailfish but there is no Android runtime environment when I am booted to Sailfish. I have tried it on my CM11 installation, however.

I guess I can add the lack of Android support as a negative to Sailfish on the Nexus 5 (though it isn't much of a negative to me :-P ).

The Following User Says Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Demati View Post
I would love to try it in Sailfish but there is no Android runtime environment when I am booted to Sailfish. I have tried it on my CM11 installation, however.

I guess I can add the lack of Android support as a negative to Sailfish on the Nexus 5 (though it isn't much of a negative to me :-P ).
It's ironic you can run many android apps on Jolla phone but can't run them on Sailfish ported to Android device. Anyways, No Android apps and no camera is a no go for me. I have a Jolla phone and live in the Washington DC area. I acutally like it and would have used it more but having 2G only is too painful. I just can't win....

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
It's ironic you can run many android apps on Jolla phone but can't run them on Sailfish ported to Android device. Anyways, No Android apps and no camera is a no go for me. I have a Jolla phone and live in the Washington DC area. I acutally like it and would have used it more but having 2G only is too painful. I just can't win....
I can understand that. It all comes down to how you use your phone. I am not really an app guy. I have maybe one or two apps that I need and Sailfish pretty much covers everything but navigation and camera. The dual boot option via multirom has been pretty great and it takes less than a minute to switch between them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demati For This Useful Post: