Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Just read on Planet KDE, that Robin Burchell is leaving Jolla . Find that quite sad, he often contributed to this forum.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The question is why he is leaving. It might not be sad story at all.

And when you think of it. Maybe he can share some more info now when he free from the Jsect. Hope he stays here and share some light about the dark organization.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
The why would be in deed interesting. But without any information it's quite useless to speculate.

The sad part for me is, that he was contibuting to this forum, giving answers and statements. And I don't think he is allowed to give more information after leaving Jolla.

And even if he is allowed to, I don't think he will do. Talking about internals of the company you left, isn't a good application for your next job.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Even if I won't be working there any longer (or at least for now - who can tell what the future holds) - I still have a Jolla to call my own, and many roots in the devices & operating systems at the center of this community.

So no, I don't think I'll be vanishing from here all of a sudden. Maybe over time, maybe not. I'll still be happy to try - as much as I can - to spread my knowledge and help those who I can, as any good person would.

As for my leaving, I thought I had made it fairly clear, but perhaps not - that it was just time for change. It's been a few years now, and I've loved it, but eventually change has to come, even if just for a while. Our experiences are what define us as people, and so I think that to grow as people, change is a healthy thing.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What? No hidden agendas? No prototype stolen? No document to leak?

I wiched you were more like king edward Snowden...

woot. You are a good dude to have here. Feel free to stick around.

GL to what ever you do!

atleast give us a sneak peak. Who was.most drunk on jollas party?

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
So, who will make your job now? Someone good? :/ Hope you do not leave us :/

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
As for my leaving, I thought I had made it fairly clear, but perhaps not - that it was just time for change. It's been a few years now, and I've loved it, but eventually change has to come, even if just for a while. Our experiences are what define us as people, and so I think that to grow as people, change is a healthy thing.
That is a healthy and bold view, as people tend to get stuck in stuff that feels familiar and never get forward in their careers... (this coming from somebody who has been stuck that way the last 21 years )

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That is a healthy and bold view, as people tend to get stuck in stuff that feels familiar and never get forward in their careers... (this coming from somebody who has been stuck that way the last 21 years )
Oh! Enough of maemo/harmattan/meego/nemo/sailfish. Guess i should consider moving to android or windoze. Or even leave the mobile industry :'(

Ok. I know it's offtopic but could not resist posting

EDIT:THIS IS A LAME JOKE

Last edited by MSameer; 2014-08-14 at 17:59.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Oh! Enough of maemo/harmattan/meego/nemo/sailfish. Guess i should consider moving to android or windoze. Or even leave the mobile industry :'(

perhaps not so far away in the Galaxy ..,,

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post

I think Windows or android could be good for you. So Why not?

Tags
jolla, w00t is leaving