A few months ago my N9 fell into some water. It remained mostly functioning except with the power button not working and a small area of the screen not responding to touch (~0.7cm tall, whole screen wide). This was fine for a while since you can unlock the N9 by double tapping the screen and you can use the horizontal keyboard for texting. However, I was using ubiboot as my bootloader since I had nemo installed on the device prior. Since the changes to the ways I can use the device, I decided that I don't need that anymore (and the hassles of dealing with it like charging to 10% via flasher if it's 0% (due to it trying to mount all the filesystems instead of charging if I just plug it in the wall???)) and flashed stock firmware.

This is where my problem comes up. The "N9 Tour".

The "begin the tour" button is exactly on the area of the screen that is not responsive.

I remember there being a dotfile in ~/MyDocs which had information stored whether the user has gone through the tour or not. I tried to mount the filesystem onto my machine but that ended with no success.

If there is any way to access the device's root filesystem I could probably figure out how to remove the tour application in the first place.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix my problem, please respond. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to MyPhoneHasWaifu For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by MyPhoneHasWaifu View Post
However, I was using ubiboot as my bootloader since I had nemo installed on the device prior. Since the changes to the ways I can use the device, I decided that I don't need that anymore (and the hassles of dealing with it like charging to 10% via flasher if it's 0% (due to it trying to mount all the filesystems instead of charging if I just plug it in the wall???))
It used to be so in older versions of ubiboot so that if the device was powered off and inserted to a wall charger, it went to repair mode instead of charging mode.
This was corrected in version 0.3.0 however, so if you have this problem you either have too old ubiboot or the configuration is wrong.
(There is a configurable parameter to enable/disable this feature...)

Originally Posted by MyPhoneHasWaifu View Post
This is where my problem comes up. The "N9 Tour".
The "begin the tour" button is exactly on the area of the screen that is not responsive.

I remember there being a dotfile in ~/MyDocs which had information stored whether the user has gone through the tour or not. I tried to mount the filesystem onto my machine but that ended with no success.

If there is any way to access the device's root filesystem I could probably figure out how to remove the tour application in the first place.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix my problem, please respond. Thank you.
Well, you can also just load up ubiboot without flashing it, by pushing it to device with flasher.
When it boots up you get the filesystem exports and capability to telnet to the device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
drop your n9 in the ocean and by an n900 until u wil have a second hand neo900

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
It used to be so in older versions of ubiboot so that if the device was powered off and inserted to a wall charger, it went to repair mode instead of charging mode.
This was corrected in version 0.3.0 however, so if you have this problem you either have too old ubiboot or the configuration is wrong.
(There is a configurable parameter to enable/disable this feature...)

Well, you can also just load up ubiboot without flashing it, by pushing it to device with flasher.
When it boots up you get the filesystem exports and capability to telnet to the device.
Thank you very much. I've managed to mount the filesystems.

However, there is one last thing I need to ask.
I haven't found the dotfile so far in ~/MyDocs (or ~/), so I can only assume it's created only after the tour is finished. If you could, I would appreciate you finding such a file in your own device, and telling me what it is called, and what are the contents of it.

Thank you, again.

Last edited by MyPhoneHasWaifu; 2014-10-11 at 09:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to MyPhoneHasWaifu For This Useful Post:

Tags
n9 tour, nokia n9