Maybe we should pretend to be Nokia and send them a letter asking to buy the software for our users, you know put letter heads on it and everything so it looks all official like.

But then instead of some sort of bank transfer or whatever big business use to transfer money we simply tell them we left a suitcase filled with cash under some bridge?

Bosh, we get the software and no one get's hurt... Fair enough it's probably against some sort of law or something but at least it seems less of a crazy idea than potitioning Nokia to do it for us!

Everybody have your tin-foil hats at the ready, here we go:

Alien Dalvik - a successful project bringing whole of android marketplace to N900/N950/N9 and possibly more (is iOS posix compliant?)... Great success for the developers of this miracle. Should be on all platforms at this time, no? No! Why? What could possibly hinder such an amazing app?
Nokia would buy it. MS would buy it. Apple would buy it. Practically anyone would be willing to pay for it. There is one company though that would buy it just so it would not be possible to sell it: Google.
Oh so 'open source' advocates, how else can you explain dalvik being in eternal demo state? If MS and Apple can't buy it... do we need the tin-foils any longer? **** google, really

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i want petition to stop petitions. would it work?

Instead of praying and making tons of petitions for nokia , wich will have no effect , better unite the best developers here and make a such app like Alien Dalvik .

As szopin says "how can you explain dalvik is in eternal demo state" ? It's dead , get over it .

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

Here is official Whitehouse reply to your petition: **** you, we know better, live with it, kill yourself or vote against it; all have same results. Praise democracy. You have a choice

Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
Instead of praying and making tons of petitions for nokia , wich will have no effect , better unite the best developers here and make a such app like Alien Dalvik .

As szopin says "how can you explain dalvik is in eternal demo state" ? It's dead , get over it .
If anyone can come up with a way to rebuild dalvik based on few vids, maemo/meego practically every OS is saved, only hurt party is Google. Pretty sure that if MS can't shell that kind of money (or introduce MSDalvik, they have developers) we're fcked

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
If anyone can come up with a way to rebuild dalvik based on few vids, maemo/meego practically every OS is saved, only hurt party is Google. Pretty sure that if MS can't shell that kind of money (or introduce MSDalvik, they have developers) we're fcked
Rebuilding it based on videos is impossible , videos can not help with anything but the UI . I was talking about making something new . I am not coder and neither developer but I think it's not that hard as it sounds since the android is linux with java on its top .

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i want petition to stop petitions. would it work?
That reminds me of the german band "Die Ärzte" who made a protest song against protest songs.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
coding something like this is a hell lot of work and most likely involves violating a bunch of patents or copyright restrictions. Besides, I for one dont think it would hurt google, but rather advertise android.

just out of curiosity, what are those uber cool apps ind the android market place you are missing on the N9? I only use 5 to 10 apps on a frequent basis and am pretty satisfied with what th meego store offers. Is it really about some particular apps or just about killing time by installing every possible piece of code out there and testing it once?

Tags
alien dalvik, notagain