Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by Xizor View Post
dwaradzyn, do you have plans to implement a feature that one could use custom offline tile map material? (images with .map/.gmi calibration file)
I am not aware of the formats you mention but I am open to consider it. Please provide me some examples to start with.

garmin guards their maps jealously so i am not surprised if the apis are hard to comeby or if there are legal issues.

as for google maps, i have not looked at the terms of use but i am sure they would do the same. the other tile based app that i use is mappero but development seems to have slowed or stopped. that app uses a variety of tile based map sources.

anyway, keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I am not aware of the formats you mention but I am open to consider it. Please provide me some examples to start with.
Here is information regarding this matter:

http://wiki.trekbuddy.net/index.php/...ap_file_format

This format is mainly used by the popular J2ME tile map application called TrekBuddy...

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Would it not be possible to read the cached (or pre-installed) map data found in the 'Cities' folder created by Ovi Maps? Nokia has provided those maps free for N900 users...

I don't know anything about this stuff, so don't flame me if that's a completely stupid suggestion.. just throwing ideas out there..

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
If you need any assistance with graphics (icons or stuff), just pm or e-mail me. I'm happy to help you with those.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
You should change the Section defined in the debian control file for the package. You need it under one of the user sections (probably user/navigation) in order for it to show in App Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Running it from the command-line, I get a few errors. On launch, it reports:
loadTexture /opt/cloudgps/res/bar-bg-mask.png failed
And on exit I get:
SDL_image: Not a TIFF or MDI file, bad magic number 20617 (0x5089).
Aborted
There's also a glibc error reported on exit:
*** glibc detected *** /opt/cloudgps/cloudgps: corrupted double-linked list: 0x0006efb0 ***
I do like the app though - very smooth.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You should change the Section defined in the debian control file for the package. You need it under one of the user sections (probably user/navigation) in order for it to show in App Manager.
Thanks for the info. According to Wiki I should use user/navigation. But when I do catorise will not put it in location section. I had to choose smaller evil.

CloudGPS is taking part in Maemo Coding Competition. I encourage those who like this app to vote for it in Location & Navigation Apps Voting Thread. Thank you very much!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
I have just uploaded newer version to extras-devel. It should now properly show up in Application Manager for update but there is a downside - catorise shows CloudGPS icon in Others section.

There is only one new feauture added: now you can use accelerometer to browse the map. Enabling/disabling accelerometer is done by pressing X on keyboard. Take into account that accelerometer is calibrated in the moment it is enabled.

From now on I will focus on bigger changes. Here is a short roadmap for next releases:
0.3 - update tile engine to properly support 3D and memory management, maybe portrait mode.
0.4 - make it configurable and introduce other tile providers that are configured with a config file. I will try to make the config file format similiar to other tile mapping apps so users will be able to use providers they like. By default only OSM based providers will be included (for licensing reasons).
0.5 - add search and turn-by-turn navigation based on Cloudmade services.
0.6 - add support for tracks in GPX, KML (possibly others) format.

Of course there are other planned features - (offline mode, flyby for route, 3D buildings, possibly 3D terrain, support for skins, track calculator). I am not cerain at the momemt in which order they will be added.

And again: if you like this project, please show your support by voting for it here. Thanks.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app