Notices

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
I updated navit on bokomoko from 5760 to 5799.

A few enhancements from navit's svn log
* Add:gui_internal:Improve configurability
* Add:Core:New attribute to specify text background
* Fix:Core:Set routing profile even if no vehicle is active

Not sure how relevant they are though and if they need changes in navit.xml to be usable.

I did a quick check on my n900. The new version installs and starts, but I did not discover the enhancements.

Rainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Great, thanks, you seem to be sticking to your N900 much longer then predicted! :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
I use navit from time to time (still a pedestrian) but due to my RL I needed to pause from the development, but will return next month(s)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Usul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sup View Post
Great, thanks, you seem to be sticking to your N900 much longer then predicted! :-)
Well, I do not use my n900 anymore, but I keep building navit as long as it is a low effort for me and it is of use for a few people. And there are actually almost 70 downloads, which is not much less than the highest numbers of navit downloads I ever saw...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Well I follow Navit builds regularly because I use it as my only navigation application and I consider it very useful.
Thank you very much for your efforts, keep up the good work.
Bye

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
hi guys!
i wrote to rdorsch asking for a new built from bokomoko but maybe he is busy at the moment

so im taking a look to the building scripts he posted on tmo

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/build_navit_n900.tgz

they get latest navit sources from svn,build in scratchbox and post on bokomoko repo

can be usefull for us if we want to create deb ourself, without uploading to repos

so we should focus on the build phase, bit complicated as im not expert in all the commands and why something must be build in x86 target instead of armel

any expert in debian package building can suggest a guide/how to build navit locally on scratchbox based from the commands in the scripts?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
I'm sorry because I'm also to busy to assist
Pini is an debian package maintainer, so maybe he can help: https://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/Team

The Following User Says Thank You to Usul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
hi guys!
i wrote to rdorsch asking for a new built from bokomoko but maybe he is busy at the moment

so im taking a look to the building scripts he posted on tmo

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/navit/build_navit_n900.tgz

they get latest navit sources from svn,build in scratchbox and post on bokomoko repo

can be usefull for us if we want to create deb ourself, without uploading to repos

so we should focus on the build phase, bit complicated as im not expert in all the commands and why something must be build in x86 target instead of armel

any expert in debian package building can suggest a guide/how to build navit locally on scratchbox based from the commands in the scripts?
Hi gianko,

developing for maemo used to be a two step process: develop for the x86 target, that compiles and runs fast. When you are happy, compile for armel in scrachbox.

With the navit package there are two basic issues, which make it more complicated than a standard package and does not allow to upload it into the maemo repos:

- A bugfix for libfreetype is needed. I think in the meantime this is part of cssu

- Building of icons fails for the armel target in qemu, qemu segfaults. I worked around that by taking the icons from the x86 build, since they should be platform independent. I would expect a newer version of qemu does not have this problem anymore. But I have no idea, if the old scratchbox is still the standard build system for maemo or if that was replaced by something with a more uptodate qemu.

BTW, I kicked off a new build, but I would appreciate if somebody else can also build navit for the n900, since I suspect if something breaks in the build process, I would not find the time to fix it....

Rainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Hi! Nice to here from you!

In the meanwhile i managed to built navit packages for maemo thanks to your nice scripts! i just comment the lines used to put on the repos and it worked fine!

i built r5947 and then installed armel debs on the n900 with dpkg.
i noticed that installing navit package, it ask for libspeechd2
is it a new dependency?

btw thanks for continue to support with bokomoko

i'd like too, but unfortunately i don't have a server for hosting repo

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

Thank you! By the way, does anybody know why several buttons in GTK GUI of Navit are without images (aka white sheet with red cross)?

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap