Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
One more request F2thak, can you make the switches and sliders to change with the theme like Vesuri's magenta example theme...thanks...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
ok this is where sdk mode comes handy for:

1) switch on your phone
2) plug it in to your PC
3) select sdk mode on the phone
4) install winscp & puTTy on your PC
5) open winscp and the address of the host should be 192.168.2.15 with username root and password rootme
6) open puTTY and user will be root and password rootme
8) you can use puTTy to change directory to where you copied the theme to
9) do a cp /location/where/you/copied/the/theme/ /home/user/MyDocs
10) cd /home/user/MyDocs/THEME_NAME
11) sh default.sh

voila, it'll reboot and you are done...

Edit: Remember when you copy the theme to MyDocs it should be directly the theme folder i.e. /home/user/MyDocs/Theme_Name/default.sh
It wont connect to my n9.

k then follow instructions from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=550

i'm surprised it doesn't connect as if you've a loading bar it means your phone is on its just that X has been corrupted...can you try making a call to your phone to see if your phone can receive it...anyway try the above link out...

yes when i call my phone then i can answer or ignore but i tried the R&D mode but still i´m stuck on loading.

exactly like i said you need to use sdk mode to fix things up...X is corrupted not your entire system so when you connect the usb cable to your PC, the pop-up for mass storage, sync&connect and SDK mode should come up where you must choose SDK mode...if it doesnt come something's wrong with the usb connection as I've done this many times and it has worked every single time...

I did this

Connect my n9 to pc select SDK
Open putty and write adress 192.168.2.15 and it says Connection timedd out
So i try WinSCP same adress user root password rootme and the same happened.

But yesterday the ssh connection works like a charm.

//edit : What protocol should i use in WinSCP FTP, SFTP or SCP?

SFTP...also when you connect your phone in SDK mode, it takes around 2mins for Windows to identify the connection, if you see it in your networks as still identifying wait somewhile for it to be connected as unidentified network...you can check the 192.168.2.15 address by opening up the properties of the connection and then clicking on details...

Lastly, for fail-proof connect your PC to an internet connection too so you've two network connections (one internet and one your n9)...

i cant see any internet connection on my pc from n9...

you mean once you connected via SDK mode, there is no change in the networks on your PC?

yes only change is in device manager. new hardware found N9 RNDIS/Ethernet but i have no drivers.