Notices

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ somerset
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's working for me in this version. Probably not in the QML version because the HTML for some (if not all) of the sites has been changed.
cool sorry to ask but how to enable is it the same as it was for the qml version

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
cool sorry to ask but how to enable is it the same as it was for the qml version
Yes. The config file is stored at /home/user/.config/Marxian/cuteTube.conf.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Marxian,

I also looked at the problem of setting a different mediaplayer noticed by Acidspunk an lonk.
Since the default mediaplayer is broken on my phone, I have to use mplayer/kmplayer. I can set it in the config file by hand and then it works. But as soon as you edit it the settings menu, I will jump back to the default mediaplayer after hitting save, and also stores it that way while quitting cuteTube. Removing the config to give it another go makes no difference.

Could you please recheck and see if you are using an exact same version?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I presume that you're referring to the Harmattan version? The problem there is that I can't test against PR1.3, and I'm not willing (and can't afford) to take any chances when it comes to stability of the application. It's also not simply a case of slotting the old code back in. The backend has been re-written, and the UI has been changed to make use of the additional toolbar space. I'd have to re-write the playback code, change the UI, and hope for the best on PR1.3.
You can upgrade your N950 to PR1.3..

Yes. The config file is stored at /home/user/.config/Marxian/cuteTube.conf.
could'nt see it under that config file but i have installed xtube it appears in the qml version though

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
You can upgrade your N950 to PR1.3..
A leaked firmware is not acceptable for testing purposes. It also doesn't change the fact that the decision is made. If Nokia had released PR1.3 for the N950 before the release for the N9, then I would have been able to debug the problem and probably would have kept the QML video player. Instead, I was forced to remove it, so that I could have a working version of cuteTube in the store. As a result, code design decisions have been made, and I don't have enough time to reverse all of these and re-write lots of new code.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
could'nt see it under that config file but i have installed xtube it appears in the qml version though
You have to add the field yourself. In the [Media] section, add

Code:
xtubeEnabled=true
Restart cuteTube and you should see the additional sites in the search dialog.

You can uninstall the xtube package. It's redundant.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Marxian,

I also looked at the problem of setting a different mediaplayer noticed by Acidspunk an lonk.
Since the default mediaplayer is broken on my phone, I have to use mplayer/kmplayer. I can set it in the config file by hand and then it works. But as soon as you edit it the settings menu, I will jump back to the default mediaplayer after hitting save, and also stores it that way while quitting cuteTube. Removing the config to give it another go makes no difference.

Could you please recheck and see if you are using an exact same version?
I am able to reproduce the bug after deleting my config file. The problem is that the media player is restored to the default in all cases if the custom command text field is empty. To work around this, just select the custom command option, enter a character, and then select your preferred media player. This will solve the problem until I release the fix.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
You have to add the field yourself. In the [Media] section, add

Code:
xtubeEnabled=true
Restart cuteTube and you should see the additional sites in the search dialog.

You can uninstall the xtube package. It's redundant.
xtube search now working but will not play or download video's unable to retrieve video or codec not supported i already have extra decoder support if required but still no go thanks for any help it is appreciated

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
xtube search now working but will not play or download video's unable to retrieve video or codec not supported i already have extra decoder support if required but still no go thanks for any help it is appreciated

no,its working fine....even videos are playing and downloading flawlessly on my N900

Tags
youtube