Hi Guys,

I've had my N9 for over 2 days now and noticed that overall coloring of the LCD screen changes significantly depending on the angle that I'm viewing the screen from. If viewed under a 90 degree angle (straight on) - no problems, all colors and, especially, white look normal/true. However, if I rotate the phone up/down or left/right - the screen gets a lot of bluish/greenish type of coloring. It's similar to color changes on the LCD TVs when color temperature is adjusted from cold to warm.
Did anybody else here noticed same or my device has a bad lcd screen?

Thanks to all!

Last edited by rimini2004; 2011-11-24 at 15:52. Reason: to better describe the issue

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Yep, that's how it works unfortunately. It's AMOLED, anyway, not LCD, which will give you some weird issues, but also allows you to have the low-power sleeping screen and general high brightness and contrast. Whether the tradeoffs are worth it is debatable...

Got it. I do have an HTC G2, which I believe also has an AMOLED screen and it doesn't have this issue. That's why it seemed abnormal to me. Right now, I am really torn between keeping the phone and returning it for a refund. I am desperately looking for good reasons fof keeping it, but it seems hard to justify $650 just for beautiful hardware and originality. I will get Samsung Galaxy Nexus if I do sell my N9.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Read through that thread linked to carefully, tis very interesting...
It might convince you to hold-on a bit longer or go for an exchange, if you have one of the really noticeable flaws.

What you described in your OP is mainly just an aspect of Pentile/AMOLED.
It has some nice qualities compared to many LCD's too....
But if you can identity some of the other flaws they may be fixable via sw.
Some of them are def. due to panel used, so a swap would be needed.