Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
Version 0.7.7 is now in extras-devel. Changes are in the first post.

TRX.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Looks good, starting without error from xterm and icon.
Somehow app icon is missing ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I updated, removed and installed 0.7.7 again and the icon is still there, can you try and reinstall? Does anyone else have a missing icon?

TRX.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
C'mon, just looked again. And it is back! ??
I am sure it was gone and I did noth ... stop . I rebooted (due to flight)!
OK.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
No problem with icon here, peterleinchen, have you tried rebooting device? (Edit:Ops, beat me to it).
---

I can confirm, that all fixes mentioned in changelog seems to be working OK. Just for the records - as You're probably aware (as it is *not* mentioned in changelog), issue with one volume key getting "stuck" software'ishly, when one browse through tabs quickly (or quickly change font size), is still present.
---

In the meantime, here are two suggestions for small (but nice) improvements - for sure, nothing critical:

1. On default Maemo theme, labels on settings tab (see picture below, inside red "circle") are barely visible. Would be nice to change colors:

2. Button inside red circle is visible only, when txpad is in fullscreen. While "ctrl + return" works nice, it wouldn't hurt at all, to have this button visible also outside fullscreen - anyway, whole button overlay appears only, when proximity sensor is covered. It would be nice addition for using txpad without keyboard slided out (or in portrait mode).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-11 at 22:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I just noticed that hardware-keyboard mapped {, }, and ] symbols don't work for me if mapped to Shift+Fn+V, Shift+Fn+B, and Shift+Fn+M, respectively. Oddly, Shift+Fn+N mapped to [ works fine.

I have only barely used TxPad after this latest update, so I'm not sure if this was an issue on earlier versions. It may also only work for Shift+Fn+N because instead of ", I have a dead-double-acute (which converts to a " when combined with itself or a space) mapped to Fn+N.
Big fat "issue" warning - this problem is still present. For reasons uknown (yet), txpad conflicts with some 4th lvl mappings of hardware keyboard (4th lvl = "shift + blue arrow + key").

For example, things mapped to "shift + blue arrow + n" works ok, but something mapped to "shift + blue arrow + h", doesn't. Here is list of non-working (in txpad) 4th lvl combinations, that I was able to find:

shift + blue arrow + s
shift + blue arrow + d
shift + blue arrow + f
shift + blue arrow + g
shift + blue arrow + h
shift + blue arrow + l
shift + blue arrow + .

(= basically, whole 2nd row doeesn't work on 4th level mapping, with txpad)

shift + blue arrow + v
shift + blue arrow + b

...well, it turned out, that it isn't problem of particular keys and 4th lvl mapping, but it's something different - no matter of key used for 4th lvl (in combination with shift + blue arrow), it works *only* if it's "dead" key, like "dead_acute". So, keys that doesn't appear immediately, like ^ or ~, but require either space or other key, to be mixed with, works ok. Any other key *doesn't*.
---

trx, any idea, what may be causing it, and how hard would be to fix it? txpad is only program that I know about, where such issue is found. I was just setting it up to completely replace leafpad as my main on-device editor (thanks a lot for making it true, due to your wonderful bugfixes!), while I came to this roadblock.

For everyone, like me, who remapped hardware keyboard, to contain keys like...
[]{}<>ł%|

...on keyboard itself (instead of using on-screen shortcut tab, which is nice, but not as much conveinent), it is real PITA and roadblock. After all, while writing scripts/programs/any code, such keys are used a lot.

/Estel

// Edit

Now I'm not entirely sure, if part of my post inside /strike is as wrong as I've though, because, as Mentalist Traceur noticed months ago, regular (not "dead") key mapped to 4th lvl "n" (shift + blue arrow + n), works fine...

OTOH, the fact is, that I don't have problem with any of my "dead" keys like, "˛˙´~^", mapped to 4th lvl "a", "z", "c" "n", "m"... Now I'm really confused, is the rule about "dead" keys working fine (and others not) valid, or I just have "luck", and my list of non-working 4th lvl keys is valid, no matter of resulting symbol being dead, or not?

Can anyone check it on own device?

/Estel

// Edit

/spank self
Damn, I have just re-read whole thread, and found out that it's QT problem. Can't anything be done about it, at all? It's kinda killer-roadblock for code editor, as having special keys mapped to 4th layout, increases productivity expotentially... (basically, I have almost full-size keyboard mapped to various levels of N900's hardware keyboard, including F1-F12...)

It even works inside things like Easy Debian and it's LXDE environment - if QT haven't fixed it till now, I'm oficially starting to hate it. CSSu'ish upgrade to QT internals is of no use here?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-11 at 23:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Sorry for triple-posting, but those posts touch different things, are long, and small edit could easily be missed:

While we are on it, why "tab" (tabulator) isn't removable for "extra keys" overlay tab? It is one of keys that actually *works* from 4th lvl of keyboard layout (that is, no problem with mapping it, for example, as shift + blue arrow + space), so removing it would save nice amount of space on this bar.

Also, it would be nice, to have possibility of sorting symbols on this "extra buttons" bar - now, only way to change their order, is to delete them all, and set up from scratch (adding them in deserved order).

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Just to let you know, after usage for longer period of time, I must say that problem with "unmapable" keys (from 4th layer of hardware keyboard) isn't so troublesome, as I've thought initially - thanks to *ingenious* idea of semi-transparent "layer", visible when proximity sensor get covered.

I knew from the beginning, that idea is great, but, after getting used to, it's becoming "second nature" for working with txpad, and all lacking symbols can be entered pretty fast (thank goodness, dead_ symbols work fine from 4th layer of hardware keyboard, so only few are left for transparent layer of txpad, and we're not getting out of space). Sure, it isn't as conveinent, as possibility to write everything from hardware keyboard - but, when get used too, comparable fast.

So, kudos trx, for such awesome idea. When you got some free time for coding and next release, it will be welcome by band of dedicated txpad fans

/Estel

// Edit

While we are at it - small issue to report:

If I copy text from txpad, I'm often unable to paste it into terminal (or other programs), especially, if I close txpad after copying. No such behavior in leafpad and other gtk applications.

Is it fixable, or we found another QT shortcoming?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Last edited by Estel; 2012-10-24 at 03:02.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
So, kudos trx, for such awesome idea. When you got some free time for coding and next release, it will be welcome by band of dedicated txpad fans

/Estel
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
While we are at it - small issue to report:

If I copy text from txpad, I'm often unable to paste it into terminal (or other programs), especially, if I close txpad after copying. No such behavior in leafpad and other gtk applications.

Is it fixable, or we found another QT shortcoming?
I will have to look into this, this *may* be a bug in Qt but i think(hope) its probably my Qt interface.

About keyboard mapping, i have looked into this in the past and this is a Qt bug/missing feature, but i will try to work something out if possible.

About symbols sorting, you can expect that in the next version, atm you can edit /home/user/.config/TxPad/txpad.conf and change the order. Tabular is fixed symbol because once you remove it, there is no way to bring it back without deleting the configuration file...

Thank you for your time testing and using TxPad, i will try and fix everything mentioned in the next release.

TRX.

Last edited by trx; 2012-10-24 at 06:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
By accident, I noticed 2 errors in syslog, that appears everytime txpad is started:
Code:
BloodRose txpad[4644]: GLIB CRITICAL ** GLib-GObject - g_object_get: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
BloodRose txpad[4644]: GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk - gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Tags
txpad