Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/20/n...zon-pre-order/

"[...] and an enthusiastic Maemo development community hellbent on making this the greatest device ever known to mankind."

Aww. You guys.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/20/n...zon-pre-order/

"[...] and an enthusiastic Maemo development community hellbent on making this the greatest device ever known to mankind."
That certainly could happen! And it is very exciting to think about the possibilities. If the N900 continues to attract so many users, the power of the community could make Apple's way of doing things look so yesterday.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

I am surprised too , I was carefully scanning each word for sarcasm.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
It seems Engadget is slowly turning to a positive view on the N900, thanks to Maemo. If it wouldn't be for the community... this phone would have just Nokia written all over it - and we all know what that means in the US

The Following User Says Thank You to RenegadeFanboy For This Useful Post:
for me n810 is the best ever. Typing this on it and not missing my desktop. Dont get me wrong, I love the n900 and hope Nokia sends it to me soon bugt there is something about the n810 - screen size, keyboard, design. All I needed was a faster processor and more RAM.

The Following User Says Thank You to franklinn For This Useful Post: