Notices

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
I have been tinkering with a simple playlist editor as a way of learning C++, Qt and Linux development. Right now it can create, delete and edit m3u files. Mp3s are browsable via their ID3 metadata.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/qplaylist/

Ultimately I would like it to be able to edit MAFW playlists too.

I will try and release to extras-devel ASAP.

Here are some screenshots:

Last edited by DeargDoom; 2010-08-24 at 21:58.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DeargDoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
nice theme... which one is it?

Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
nice theme... which one is it?
ExtraCoffee from Plastic Theme Pack

I cant wait to try this once you have this package next week i have been waiting for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to law138 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Thanks for this. It's a great start.

Couple of quick points.

It takes a very long time to start up. I'm guessing you are scanning my music - I have a lot - some user feedback of this would be useful.

When resaving a playlist it seems to append to the existing m3u file rather than overwrite it. Can't say for sure what you are doing without looking at the source but I tried a few times and that seemed to be the observed behaviour.

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by law138 View Post
I cant wait to try this once you have this package next week i have been waiting for this.
While I will try and get this done asap if you dont mind starting it via the command line you can download the app from the link above.

Originally Posted by mr id View Post
Thanks for this. It's a great start.

Couple of quick points.

It takes a very long time to start up. I'm guessing you are scanning my music - I have a lot - some user feedback of this would be useful.

When resaving a playlist it seems to append to the existing m3u file rather than overwrite it. Can't say for sure what you are doing without looking at the source but I tried a few times and that seemed to be the observed behaviour.

cheers
I was sure I had tested that. Oh well. Ill fix it shortly.

It is scanning all of MyDocs and the memory card drive as well. I was planning on putting a loading screen there for the next release. Thanks for your feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeargDoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by DeargDoom View Post
Thanks for your feedback.
You're welcome.

Are you planning on bug / feature tracking here on this thread or on your garage pages?

The Following User Says Thank You to mr id For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr id View Post
Are you planning on bug / feature tracking here on this thread or on your garage pages?
Ive added your two comments as bugs for my own conveniance. I imagine its easier for everyone else to just add to the thread. Im happy with that too.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeargDoom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Originally Posted by DeargDoom View Post
It is scanning all of MyDocs and the memory card drive as well. I was planning on putting a loading screen there for the next release. Thanks for your feedback.
Wouldn't it be more Maemo-like to use libtrackerclient0 for this job? As tracker caches the results, this would be much, much faster.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post: