Notices

When trying to connect hermes to my facebook it says Pending Authorisation and that I need to authorize it via web..How do I go about doing that?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Sayyed_saif View Post
When trying to connect hermes to my facebook it says Pending Authorisation and that I need to authorize it via web..How do I go about doing that?
With Hermes still running, switch your active application to be the Facebook web browser window Hermes has opened in the background. Authorize Hermes there, then return to the Hermes application.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Thank you!!!

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Unfortunately getting the timing accurate is difficult - either the Facebook window can open on top, or it can't. Suggestions for improvements to the UI - including just message changes - are welcome.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Hermes never authorises linkedin in my setup. It won't call any browser window. When I click on 'authorise' and it spits the following error at the command-line:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/hermes/lib/org/maemo/hermes/engine/linkedin/api.py", line 206, in _get_request_token
    token = oauth.OAuthToken.from_string(response)
  File "/opt/hermes/lib/oauth/oauth.py", line 142, in from_string
    key = params['oauth_token'][0]
KeyError: 'oauth_token'
oauth_problem=timestamp_refused&oauth_acceptable_timestamps=1279589634%2B-300
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/hermes/lib/org/maemo/hermes/engine/linkedin/provider.py", line 82, in _handle_button
    self._api.authenticate(lambda: None, self.block_for_auth)
  File "/opt/hermes/lib/org/maemo/hermes/engine/linkedin/api.py", line 55, in authenticate
    token = self._get_request_token()
  File "/opt/hermes/lib/org/maemo/hermes/engine/linkedin/api.py", line 211, in _get_request_token
    raise Exception("Authorization failure - failed to get request token")
Exception: Authorization failure - failed to get request token
How can I solve this? I've got no customization for the browser, it's plain MicroB I have installed, I don't have stuff like dbus-switchboard or something.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
bump it, bump it, stll can't solve my problem

Having the same problem here, but somehow, the window isn't there (I may have accidentally closed it).

Anyway, whenever I run Hermes, it says it's pending for facebook... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, purged... and it's still pending.

I only flashed my device yesterday, I'd rather not do it again today.... as I've just set everything back up again, and installed my apps.

Ideas, anyone?

Trying it too. Yes, it just does not work, for some reason. It cannot read the contacts. "Authentication problem"...

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Patola View Post
oauth_problem=timestamp_refused&oauth_acceptable_t imestamps=1279589634%2B-300
What timezone is your N900 set to? Is the clock accurate? What time of day were you doing it at?

Originally Posted by demos View Post
Trying it too. Yes, it just does not work, for some reason. It cannot read the contacts. "Authentication problem"...
Same problem here. I have authenticated it a million times and it just won't work. I uninstalled, cleared the cache, and reinstalled and still nothing. Shame because it does work really well.