Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Hey guys, So i have always been intrigued about Wifi Hacking and how its done and so on.

(BTW i am in no way hacking other peoples Networks i purely do this at home to see how it works and what happens)

Ok so ive used cleven at home setup my Wifi Router to wep to see if that works all works fine i can get my key in about 20mins.

Now i found this other script with a GUI called Wifi Pwner

Im not very technical with stuff like this but really want to understand what the scripts do and what benifits it has.

I heard a lot of people talking about Destruction Mode..

Ok so i select desruction mode and it says input the details im assuming when it asks for BSSID i put my home networks name in there correct?

Encyption type i choose G which is when i set it to WPA

And channel number 1 which is what i am set on.

Ok so i go ahead and do this and my phones ect get taken off the network but up pops another network which i assume is a dummy network as i cant connect to it but it has the same name i put under bssid

Im just trying to understand what it does and why..

If no one can help me id love some links to what all this does the WifiPwner thread has all experienced users in there so no one has any guides or how to's

Anyway cheers and thanks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
in simple words...
wifi-pwner lets you control the whole area you are in ,simply you enter your AP mac (BSSID) and channle after choosing which kind of attacks ( afaik they all have the same result ?! ), after that you can choose one client mac or you can kick all clients out of your network wireless-ly
and you dont need to know the password of your network to do that

./sifo
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
I Figured as such thats what it does, just was trying to work out what all the scripts do and there purpose, so i guess there all the same in one way or another. So this app in no way lets me get my password of my Wifi.. I suppose in a way it would if i used Cleven and a Dictionary and deauthenticated users and make them reconnect getting a handshack. or whatever

But anyone so Wifi Pwner's sole purpose really is to kick people from network using diffrent scripts.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ lebanon
hello guys,
i have a question, wifi pwner is actually a script but i was wondering how you put an icon for it and place it on the desktop...
can any one help me with this?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
I Figured as such thats what it does, just was trying to work out what all the scripts do and there purpose, so i guess there all the same in one way or another. So this app in no way lets me get my password of my Wifi.. I suppose in a way it would if i used Cleven and a Dictionary and deauthenticated users and make them reconnect getting a handshack. or whatever

But anyone so Wifi Pwner's sole purpose really is to kick people from network using diffrent scripts.
This is an ancient post, but I just wanted to say, yes you were basically on the right track, the point of dauthenticating all the users on the network can be to get them to reconnect, at which point you can capture the handshake which is necessary to even begin to have a chance at cracking the WPA network key.

But there are also two other uses. 1. straight up denial of service. Keep blasting out regular deauth packets, making the network unusable for anyone. 2. immediately create your own fake access point which appears to be the same network (as you saw from the WiFi Pwner;s behavior) - if devices can be tricked into connecting to the fake access point then you can basically man-in-the-middle all of the connections between them and the outside world.

So as you can see, it enables a lot more than 'just' knocking people off the network.

Originally Posted by mony123 View Post
hello guys,
i have a question, wifi pwner is actually a script but i was wondering how you put an icon for it and place it on the desktop...
can any one help me with this?
Create a file in the folder (you'll need to be root to make a new file in here):
/usr/share/applications/hildon/
OR in the folder (which you might have to create, but which won't require root access to write to)
/home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/

..name the file you'll be making something like:
wifipwner.desktop

..and inside that, you'll want to write:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Name=Wifi Pwner
Exec=[SEE BELOW FOR WHAT TO PUT HERE]
Icon=[SEE BELOW FOR WHAT TO PUT HERE TOO]
So, for the "Exec" field you'll want to have either the path directly to the script (IDK where WifiPwner installs), but let's say it's located in /usr/bin/wifipwner, then you'd make the Exec line:
Exec=/usr/bin/wifipwner
BUT, I suspect WifiPwner needs root permissions to work right, if so, then you instead would want to write:
Exec=/usr/bin/osso-xterm 'sudo /usr/bin/wifipwner'
(Depending on how you have your sudoers files set up, that might prompt you for a password, which may be another issue if you've never set the root password on your device. If you get to here and don't know how to get around this problem, let us know and I or someone else will help you from there.)

For the "Icon" field, you'll want to select an icon that is appropriate/desirable, from either of the folders:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/
- or -
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/
- or (these next two might not exist yet on your device either) -
/home/user/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/
- or -
/home/user/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/

A few other folders might work too, I haven't looked into it more in-depth.

UNLIKE the "Exec" field though, you don't put the full path of the icon, or even the full filename of the icon, in the "Icon" field. You just put the name before the ".png" name. So if you want the same icon as X-Term uses, which is actually located at
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/terminal.png
..you'd just write:
Icon=terminal

And that should do it. Then you'll want to restart hildon-desktop or reboot to make sure the change takes effect fully (including the icon getting loaded), and you'll be set.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: