Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Nottingham, England
Just tried to update the installation from Extras Testing using the app manager, and got an error. Uninstalled the game, and still getting the error when trying to reinstall from scratch:

Unable to install 'OpenTTD'
Application packages missing: openttd-data(=0.7.4-1maemo2)

Curiously I have no /media/mmc2/share/openttd because I have no /media/mmc2 (just a /media/mmc1, which is empty).

This is making me worried now

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Until #6026 is fixed, you'll need to have -devel enabled while installing this (so if you care about your phone's sanity you'll have to wait ). Sorry.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Nottingham, England
Sadly even with -devel enabled I'm getting that issue.

No worries, I shall be patient (as I'm too lazy to fix it myself)

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow
I got a question about controls:

How do I build, for example, a train station?

I click on railroad icon, get a popup menu, where I click on station icon. Choose 1 track, platform length 3.
Then I click on terrain and see highlighted place where station should be built. I drag, and highlighted area follows stylus. I try to double click - nothing happens.

O.K., this way leads to nowhere. I click on "drag and drop" button, then drag. And drop. Area of single square follow stylus while I drag.

How is this meant to be done?

Originally Posted by lattenwald View Post
I got a question about controls:
How is this meant to be done?
You probably have the game paused. Click the pause icon and try again. I have played a fair bit of openttd on the n900 and the only problem i have found is that folders are not created that are required for online content and autosaves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocayden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by cocayden View Post
You probably have the game paused. Click the pause icon and try again. I have played a fair bit of openttd on the n900 and the only problem i have found is that folders are not created that are required for online content and autosaves.
Thanks, that's it. Sorry for stupid question

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by cocayden View Post
This is (should be) fixed in the latest -testing build.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
any interest in compiling openTTD 1.0 for the n900?

and thanks for 0.7.4 btw.

Anyone here get the music to work in openttd? I copied the .gm files from cd and put them into /opt/openttd/gm and it still doesn't work. It finds the files but it scrolls through all of them really quickly without playing a sound. Thanks.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
I seem to have no sound at all in Open TTD on n900 even with sound set to max in game and on the device... anyone know?

Tags
games, openttd, port, sdl