Active Topics

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I think it would make it a bit easier to read the Application Proposals table in the wiki if the column widths were adjusted, am I OK editing them?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
I think it would make it a bit easier to read the Application Proposals table in the wiki if the column widths were adjusted, am I OK editing them?
yes, of course! thanks!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
hey, I just have seen that the design got updated!
http://competition.meetmeego.org/
also another submission:
http://competition.meetmeego.org/submissions/6

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Suggestions:
http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=007447929820.png

footer.css line (23)
#footer .links div ul li a {
border-bottom: 1px dotted;
color: mediumvioletRed;
text-decoration: none;
}

footer.css Line (1)
#footer {
background-color: #4FC3E6;
border: 1px solid rgba(79, 195, 230, 0.7);
border-radius: 0 0 20px 20px;
}

style.css line(31)
body a {
color: #EF288C;
}

To make bottom readable: Changed footer background color to same as banner blue and links in bottom underlined with dotted line and changed links color. Container links color to same as page title color in banner.

.edit
styles.css line (29)
body .head .categories ul li {
display: inline; padding: 0 10px;

}

Padding to top menu.

Last edited by slender; 2011-04-22 at 21:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Donation update:
30,00€ by MyNokiaN900
Thanks!
App update:
Flashlight Applet
Thank you, too!

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
From the rules:

•All applications, which are created and uploaded during the duration of the Competition will take part in the election. For existing programs, only progress which has been made during the Competition will be considered. When porting apps, only the work of porting will be considered, unless the original program is from the same programmer and was developed or extended in the Competition timeframe.
Hmm... how to ensure that there is really "progress which has been made during the Competition", and how are the voters able to check this?

Are there anywhere a exclamation mark during the voting?
Or will the users only see the final outcome?

Are there any plans for a handicap system?

If someone has a finished application (released 6 Month ago) and the programmer only changes the icon. Is the change big enought?
Are there any kind of difference compared to fresh and new created applications regarding the voting process?

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
App update:
Flashlight Applet
Thank you, too!
Don't understand me wrong. But I'm using the flashlight applet since the end of 2009. And I haven't seen much changes sind the middle of 2010. It simply works great. No need the change anything... (as far as I'm able to see)
So what could be changed until the end of June?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Don't understand me wrong. But I'm using the flashlight applet since the end of 2009. And I haven't seen much changes sind the middle of 2010. It simply works great. No need the change anything... (as far as I'm able to see)
Thanks!
I didn't know about the Flashlight Applet, because I'm not using it.
It's good everyone keeps an eye on that.
I kindly ask the submitter to remove the app, or explain which changes are planned to be made.

Or we would have to change the rules to allow only apps developed (submitted) during the Coding Competition.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
From the rules:

Hmm... how to ensure that there is really "progress which has been made during the Competition", and how are the voters able to check this?

Are there anywhere a exclamation mark during the voting?
Or will the users only see the final outcome?

Are there any plans for a handicap system?

If someone has a finished application (released 6 Month ago) and the programmer only changes the icon. Is the change big enought?
Are there any kind of difference compared to fresh and new created applications regarding the voting process?

In my case, when i finally get around to submitting it (anytime before the end of june is ok yeah?) hopefully it will be straigforward to convince that coding started after the 1st april...but i guess its hard to proove.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Thanks!
I didn't know about the Flashlight Applet, because I'm not using it.
You should try it. The Flashlight Applet is a great application!

I used the screen before if I needed something to find my way in the night. This works in the most cases. But the Camera flashlight is even brighter.
It's a good idea how the application works. But you shouldn't forget it how to reach it.
Open the Camera shutter, close the Camera application, open the Applet menu and activate the flashlight.

Otherwise you don't see it at the Applet Menu. Thats great, it doesn't waste space... and it is there as soon as you are able to use it.

It's good everyone keeps an eye on that.
I have to admit, I'm still using the 0.4-2 release from July 2010. There were 3 updates since July. Have a look here: Package page

I haven't installed the update because the new versions were, as far as I've seen, only different translations. And I was very pleased how this application works. So I haven't seen any reason for me to update.
Perhapse I'm because of this a little bit distrustful what could he change to participate this year.

I kindly ask the submitter to remove the app, or explain which changes are planned to be made.
Perhaps already existing applications should include a list of changes during the competition?

Or we would have to change the rules to allow only apps developed (submitted) during the Coding Competition.
No, this could mislead talented developers to hold back their new applications until the next coding competition. In my opinion is this against the spirit of our community Coding Competition.

Or have I understood it wrong?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Reading the project page on the competiton website, the platform is MeeGo ARM.

I presume therefore that the developer has ported the application across, and this app should therefore be submitted under the Port category discussed earlier on this thread. But a brief look at the website shows no such option.

It goes without saying that porting is an important service so I think the app should be considered in that (port) category.

Edit: I might be completely off course here. The platforms' page doesn't make a distinction between MeeGo ARM and Maemo, so it could be the maemo app that is being submitted

Last edited by mrsellout; 2011-04-23 at 18:36.

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia