Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
This issue has actually been resolved with the release of MeMailSettings app which allows fetching of full MIME hence no HTML problems...the last post here was in Dec. '11 before the app was released...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
This issue has actually been resolved with the release of MeMailSettings app which allows fetching of full MIME hence no HTML problems...the last post here was in Dec. '11 before the app was released...
Thanks, however, I've just tried enabling that option and it doesn't seem to make a difference with an MFE account, and emails are still shown as the plain text versions (yes I am looking at the new HTML emails that arrive, not the older ones before the option was set).

I've attached the screenshots of what my settings look like, can you let me know if they are incorrect?

Thanks!
Attached Images

you have done it right but i think it applies only for future emails not those already present...you could try deleting the account, adding it back and changing the setting in memailsettings as soon as you add the account...

on the other hand, if you go to edit settings in memailsettings instead of easy tweak could you check if the value is set to true for both "email_mime" and "email/email_mime"...

Trying to do the same with no luck for the moment...

I had the same problem and couldn't view html mails properly. The easy tweak MIME setting didn't also work. I had to use the edit settings and change both MIME settings to true (remember to 'save settings' after changing each field) and then reboot my phone. After this HTML mails are shown correctly.

Originally Posted by inajoba View Post
I had to use the edit settings and change both MIME settings to true ...
Please explain how to edit these settings. It's not in MeMailSettings or anywhere else that I could think of.

Originally Posted by amigo View Post
Please explain how to edit these settings. It's not in MeMailSettings or anywhere else that I could think of.
It IS in MeMailSettings...

In Easy Tweak Mode enable Full MIME..then click back and go to Edit Settings... now choose your email account and find for these two fields: email_mime & email/email_mime...both must be set to TRUE...if its set to FALSE just change it to TRUE and click save settings from the context menu opened by clicking the bottom right button every time you change a field's value..

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
.. ..then click back and go to Edit Settings... now choose your email account and find for these two fields: email_mime & email/email_mime...
When I go back to "Welcome to the MeMailSettings", I again have the previous 2 options, "Email Settings" and "Edit Folders". In Email Settings I still have only 2 switches, "Sync back all Emails" and "Fetch full messages's MIME".

Might the choice I get depend on the account that I am using?

Oh you can only use this for Mail for Exchange accouts...

Everything else has HTML loaded as default and can be chosen from Settings, Applications, Mail ...

Oh you can only use this for Mail for Exchange accouts...

Everything else has HTML loaded as default and can be chosen from Settings, Applications, Mail ...
It is a MfE account. But in the meantime I discovered, that according to the providers (freenetMail) FAQ, mails will NOT be synced as html, but as plain text only.

So there seems to be no chance here.