Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@kojacker
Tried to send this via PM but seems like your inbox is already full.

I'm thinking bout playing around with the code from FCam. I don't know C++ but I did have some experience with C. Forgotten ancient knowledge. haha But I think I'll give it another shot.
Can you suggest some good IDE? I prefer the free ones. hehe I used Dev C++ in Windows back then. At school we used gcc in SUSe but I never really liked it. hehe

So... is the bet about giving me your N950 still up? haha

EDIT: Oh wait! FCam's garage gives some pretty nice newbie instructions... I'll try that route.
Apologies vetsin, I really need to do some (long overdue) spring cleaning on my inbox

It's good to see you're giving some development a go I know nothing about using the FCam API but I had a quick look at this starter link - and the good news is that it matches what i was going to suggest anyway

http://fcam.garage.maemo.org/gettingStarted.html

When it somes to IDEs for the N900 it really boils down to one choice now-a-days, and that's Qt SDK with Qt Studio. When you install the Qt SDK installer from the Forum Nokia site you'll get everything you need all rolled up from the same package. The FCam getting started link has basic instructions to install the SDK and Qt Studio so you shouldn't have any problems (hopefully your internet access is good enough to install the package without headache, it's quite a hefty size..)

Qt Studio is similar to Visual Studio and other IDEs you might have used before, and Qt applications are traditionally developed in C++. Im sure your C background will be very helpful! I'll look forward to hearing how you get on with your project

hurrian,
kojacker's not from the Philippines. hehe he's from the UK. (saglit lang bat nga ba ko nag-eenglish? hehe) madalas lang siyang tumambay dito...
Indeed but Im thinking of bringing it with me on my trip next month, so I should still have the first N950 in the Philippines

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-08-14 at 01:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hehe. i'm not really sure if this "project" will get anywhere. all i want to do is adjust FCam's bias in exposure. It's a bit too dark for my taste. hehe maybe some of the guys here would like to have a meet-and-greet (though you shouldn't be surprised if they'll be more interested on the phone than you. hehe)
by the way, i've been hearing pretty bad news about london, hope everything's fine on your side of town.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Pennsylvania, United States
As for know London is fine but not totally fine... Look what those people had done.... They're too harsh.

The Following User Says Thank You to PPL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Indeed but Im thinking of bringing it with me on my trip next month, so I should still have the first N950 in the Philippines
sorry about this but i just found out someone from the philippines also got an N950. it's nice to hear that we got local devs.

here's a link. conversation's in filipino.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-08-24 at 16:51.

sorry about this but i just found out someone from the philippines also got an N950. it's nice to hear that we got local devs.

here's a link. conversation's in filipino.
Dammit, Im too late Oh well, being 2nd isn't so bad...

Yep it's great to hear of some filipino devs out there, do you know what application he/she is working on?

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

it was the devs brother who shared the pic. i already asked what his bro's project is but he hasn't replied. i'll give you a heads up when i got a reply.
i just had an idea... do you want me to arrange a meet up for you guys?

EDIT: he's working on a dropbox client and not a member of TMO.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-08-28 at 00:57.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Dammit, Im too late Oh well, being 2nd isn't so bad...

Yep it's great to hear of some filipino devs out there, do you know what application he/she is working on?
Lovely to see at least your still here on TMO.

Never got the chance to thank you for the helpful posts on one of the "shark" invaded threads.

Keep up the good work your a swell guy.

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
how are you guys doing?

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
help me how to fix the CSSU Features Configuration Editor in my N900.i can't open the application.instead I encounter this error:reading the configuration settings gave a fatal Error while loading.not all settings available... Exiting.....

Last edited by Dersonne; 2011-09-20 at 00:19.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Dersonne View Post
help me how to fix the CSSU Features Configuration Editor in my N900.i can't open the application.instead I encounter this error:reading the configuration settings gave a fatal Error while loading.not all settings available... Exiting.....
revert your transitions.ini to the original one.

back up first
Code:
root
cp /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs
then revert back to original transitions

Code:
root
cp /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini.default /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini
I suggest rebooting afterwards.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Tags
filipino, jovit, nokia n900, pacman, pinoy ako, pinoys, selling n900