Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
It costs you $1 to switch to sidekick or pay by the day. I don't think it costs anything to switch back to pay as you go.

You need to be careful when re-filling as far as I can tell the results differ depending on which plan you are in when you refill. But you can change among these 3 plans at any time.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
for those of you with only the unlimited data plan, how much do minutes cost and what do you do about texting? i would like to switch to unlimited data only but i would still want to have virtually unlimited text, i've heard google voice has such an option to text through internet

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by te37v View Post
I remember reading about this before...doesn't it cost 1 dollar every time you switch to a different one of those?
Yes, so I spend up to $2 a week on switching! I don't know how much longer I can afford this.

Edit: Anyway, I don't think you always get charged the $1.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-07-19 at 22:31.

I have T mobile 10$ unlimited plan and I think it's great for the buck . Will this work on another unlocked phone like N900? For example Droid, HTC HD2, etc? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Dgonik View Post
I have T mobile 10$ unlimited plan and I think it's great for the buck . Will this work on another unlocked phone like N900? For example Droid, HTC HD2, etc? Thanks.
My wife is using it on a Nexus One.

Originally Posted by trump29 View Post
I've read that you can use a Nexus One before, as well as the N900, but that you can't use Android phones? I don't get that though, aren't those two both Android?
n900??? android??? lol.. i dunno wt exactly to say.. it's OS is maemo my frnd.. just like maemo.org.. where we r right nw

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Okay? Good for you for knowing something that is not common knowledge. lolkfcbbqsauce, my frnd.

Nexus One is a droid phone though according to wikipedia, so maybe answer the question without the asshattery because it's been asked about a dozen times in different ways in this thread already.
Well it's obvious you're only here to find out more about the Unlimited Data Plan, we may never hear from you after this. FIY, the n900 running maemo is everyone's knowledge in these forums.

The Following User Says Thank You to te37v For This Useful Post:
I'm just saying that the question has been asked multiple times by people other than me, so it's obviously not sheer stupidity on my part and a response to that effect is pretty rude. I don't have the n900, I don't have a maemo device, I know nothing about either; I'm here for information so I can purchase a phone aware of my options, I wouldn't be here if I already knew everything.

I still would like an answer to the question. So the n900 is not an Andorid phone. To my knowledge the Nexus One is though. Does anyone know what the commonality is between them that allows them to use the $10 plan?
If you think that my expectation of you knowing what n900 runs inside was rude (!!??) then well neva mind.
Yeah n900 runs maemo5, not android .
Also I wouldn't know if there would be anything in the phone that lets it run the $10 plan. I would assume its just sth Tmobile is overlooking. thts all.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I'm just saying that the question has been asked multiple times by people other than me, so it's obviously not sheer stupidity on my part and a response to that effect is pretty rude. I don't have the n900, I don't have a maemo device, I know nothing about either; I'm here for information so I can purchase a phone aware of my options, I wouldn't be here if I already knew everything.

I still would like an answer to the question. So the n900 is not an Andorid phone. To my knowledge the Nexus One is though. Does anyone know what the commonality is between them that allows them to use the $10 plan?
1) If you're here for info on phone plans, you'd be better off looking elsewhere (howardforums perhaps?)

2) The reason the N900 (a smartphone) works on TMo's unlimited $10 plan is because TMo doesn't offer the N900 as one of thier phones. You can't use a smartphone that TMo offers on the $10 plan, they'll force you to the more expensive plan.

So the questions you need to ask are: Is the phone offered by TMo and will it work on TMo's frequencies for 3G (if data speed is important).

Originally Posted by ZedThou View Post
My wife is using it on a Nexus One.
Could you please tell me the APN settings on her Nexus One. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pulkit