I got a strange problem, my camera photos is not showing up in the Image Viewer, and the DCIM folder is not showing up in the File Manager. Like it is not there, but opening a terminal and running ls shows the DCIM folder.

If I choose Camera default folder in the Image Viewer it says, (no images)

Anyone have had similair experience?
The problem started after upgrading to PR1.2

Bumping this thread as I have not found any solutions to it and its really really irritating.

Both pics/videos are now under the folder DCIM now, which can be accessed by file manager.

edit: perhaps for some reason its hidden. I can see mine

Last edited by soredawg; 2010-06-09 at 15:11. Reason: addition

Originally Posted by soredawg View Post
Both pics/videos are now under the folder DCIM now, which can be accessed by file manager. Hope this helps.
Hmm perhaps I was unclear. I cant see the DCIM folder in the File manager and when choosing Camera default folder in the Image Viewer it says, (no images).

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Are you sure you have not changed the save location to your memory card?

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
You may be experiencing an issue with the trackerd daemon not picking up the files. This has happened to me several times, this is what fixed it for me. HTH
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
After updating to PR1.2 all my images disappeared (and songs and videos...). Running this in xterm as root fixed it for me:

Code:
tracker-processes -r

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pthomas22 View Post
Are you sure you have not changed the save location to your memory card?
Yes I am, 1. I dont have any memory card. and 2. The folder DCIM is there when I do an ls in the terimnal. And it got my photos in it as well.

grog and stlpaul
Thank you both, the problem seams to have been the tracker not indexing the files. But strange cause in the File Manager it does not show DCIM instead the folder is named Camera.

But everything seams to work now, images showing up correctly in the Image viewer.
Thank you everyone

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
After updating to PR1.2 all my images disappeared (and songs and videos...). Running this in xterm as root fixed it for me:

Code:
tracker-processes -r
woked for me thanks a lot