Notices

Hi, i got a N900 today and even though i have tried everything i have found online i cannot get what i want done.

Can some please tell me how i can receive emails from my hotmail account and also how to get MSN messenger, i do what iv seen online but it is not working.

Much appreciated, thank you.

Banned | Posts: 32 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2011
pidgin extras plugin for conversations
and email is the standard email client which comes with n900 itself.

I have pidgin plug in but cannot make MSN work, plus i thought it was possible to configure the standard email client to work with my existing hotmail email, which i also cannot get working, thanks.

Banned | Posts: 32 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2011
There should be 2 profiles of msn in pidgin, haze and peacan, try them both.
As it seems *for me atleast, only one of those profiles work.
And as I seem to recall, Hotmail worked the last times i checked.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by a dick View Post
There should be 2 profiles of msn in pidgin, haze and peacan, try them both.
As it seems *for me atleast, only one of those profiles work.
And as I seem to recall, Hotmail worked the last times i checked.
In addition, haze could use logon to multiple MSN accounts at once; can receive offline messages and chat with offlined friends.

I used to use pecan too. It's also great and its maintainer is very nice. You may try both and decided which one to use.

sivier what exactly is the problem you've encountered in setting up hotmail? Nevertheless I would recommend you use gmail, it's known to work very well with N900.

for hotmail, i've read it from somewhere that you need to setup an "Exchange" email account on your n900. this is what i do for my hotmail "Exchange" account:

server: m.hotmail.com
port: 443
secure connection: enabled

username: yourusername@hotmail.com
leave "domain" empty

Hi, thanks for all your help,

MSN is now working, without indicating the problem for ages it then said my password was incorrect which it wasn't, i decided to change my password after many attempts as i got very frustrated lol nd 2nd try after doing that its now up and running so that was confusing,

i followed your instructions for hotmail nokix and i got it working so thank you, even though it sometimes doesnt show all messages for some reason.

So.. so far so good, i appreciate the swift nd decent help, cheers.