Hello,
I installed CSSU stable two times and both of the times all operations of the phone became very slow and unresponsive(for example, looking up contacts from the home screen took 4-5 seconds to launch, normally it is ~1 to 1.5s). I had to reflash in both cases.
Isn't the opposite supposed to happen? (speed and functionality improvements..) Am I missing something?
Help appreciated.
Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to goodearth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
The only cssu drawback I experience is hanging of the web browser. Do u use speedpatch or other crap like that, or lots of widgets?

/edit: it's not cssu, see my later post

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-01-06 at 09:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I am using the stock kernel with no speedpatch/battery patch, no widget.

The Following User Says Thank You to goodearth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick message...
Does 'top' show any obvious culprits? High CPU-or-memory usage?..
Best wishes.

Experiencing the same thing here, but it is only when the phone has an uptime of +5 days; so I reboot it and everything comes to normal until it reaches again an uptime of approximatively 5 days. Not using speedpatch and batterypatch.

And it is only for the widgets on the home screen, not for the menu or other parts of Maemo.

Though I can't help sort this problem out and give further info - I have the same problem rendering my n900 no fun to use anymore.
Rebooting doesn't solve much nor does reflashing...

The Following User Says Thank You to RX-51 For This Useful Post:
everytime i open a webpage (with more or less flash) the page works worse and worse until it freezes and i have to force close the window . few months ago I was able to play youtube videos on web flawlessly , now it takes at least 10 seconds to load the video player .

even now while i am writing this post the phone became very unresponsive , the rest of os is fast and smooth , only on web is freezing

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2014-01-02 at 13:57.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
@Dragoss91
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90239

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
i removed adblock plus and I can say surfing is better now but youtube is still unusuable , I remember those times when I used to play youtube videos directly on web and they were smooth and fast just like on a pc . what happened ? is youtube getting in "weight" these days or what ? it is designed it exclusively for those new shiny ultra-mega-octo-core phones ? i dont think so ........

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
i removed adblock plus and I can say surfing is better now but youtube is still unusuable , I remember those times when I used to play youtube videos directly on web and they were smooth and fast just like on a pc . what happened ? is youtube getting in "weight" these days or what ? it is designed it exclusively for those new shiny ultra-mega-octo-core phones ? i dont think so ........
AFAIK youtube used to recognize n900 by using the user agent, not sure it is the case anymore, so HD content is served. Also, if you have flash10 installed, that might confuse youtube too.

Anyway, try to choose 240p when playing a video on youtube (that was the resolution back in those days)

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900