For the Israeli users of N900:

The version of freemap-il currently in extras-devel for fremantle works partly with GPS - it can read the GPS, but it cannot activate it yet. In order to use freemap with GPS you need to have some other program that uses the GPS (such as Nokia maps or gpxview) running at the same time.

I do not know when I'll work on this issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks, we waiting !

what about the ones that are not in israel? if i provide the maps, how hard could it be to make it work somewhere else?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Thanks..
I saw the package on your arava site, and I left you a private message.. But I guess now it's irrelevent..

Edit: Alright, I synced it and it downloaded the map...
Awesome..

Edit 2: Its path finding algorithm is less then perfect.. But, better than nothing, right?

Thanks again matan.

Last edited by late666; 2010-01-13 at 09:43.

Thanks Matan,

Is this the old version of what has become "Waze"?

Looks like it has the same map but does not include the new "live" interconnectivity (community traffic reports etc.), right?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by bfritsch View Post
Thanks Matan,

Is this the old version of what has become "Waze"?

Looks like it has the same map but does not include the new "live" interconnectivity (community traffic reports etc.), right?
Yes, it is.

That was a silly bug. The version now in extras-devel (1.0.8-0.2maemo4) should work. It also includes the GPS console (roadgps).

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Matan. I am an Israeli web developer and programmer, would like to discuss a few things with you regarding N900 and maemo (just got mine few days ago =)
If you can, send me a mail on sagirodin@gmail.com and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,
Sagi

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Hi all and thanks to Matan for the effort.

i've installed the version from extras-devel, but when running it in says "Error" "Can't load map data" and after i click OK (in hebrew), the center of the map area says "can't find map" (in hebrew).
am i missing something, or do i have a broken installation?

Btw, what about porting the latest version of waze to maemo?
is anyone considering it?
i've emailed waze asking if they would take responsibility of the code (merge it into their main branch) in case i'll do the porting (so that it won't be a branch that requires updates every time they change or improve something), and they simply ignored my letters.
how rude.

The package does not come with a map. You need to synchronize the map (in the file menu).

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.