I am a newbie for KDE..
So what is the best way to use KDE?
I find the KDE menu very small to click with the stylus. Anyway I can change it?
Also the Keyboard does not have numbers and special characters. So how should I configure Kmail without @?
Doesnt seems that KDE is yet ready for N800..
I didnt find much information for KDE here.. can experienced people help ??
Thanks
Jiggie

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by Jiggie View Post
I am a newbie for KDE..
So what is the best way to use KDE?
I find the KDE menu very small to click with the stylus. Anyway I can change it?
Also the Keyboard does not have numbers and special characters. So how should I configure Kmail without @?
Doesnt seems that KDE is yet ready for N800..
I didnt find much information for KDE here.. can experienced people help ??
Thanks
Jiggie
You can enlarge the font for the menu (Control Panel->Appearance->Fonts) and/or you can use a mouse pointer (CP->Peripherals->Mouse) and/or you can navigate using the D-pad. I personally use all 3. It might just be my imagination but I feel that using the mouse pointer helps.

Sorry can't help with your second question - I use a N810. And IMHO the KDE experience is superior on the N810 due to the hardware keyboard. I hope that some N800/KDE user will be able to help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
There is a thread around here about how to fix the KDE on-screen keyboard when the numbers don't show up. Also, I normally use the D-pad to navigate the menu, it's much faster and easier that way

again, I also own and N810, so I'm sorry I can't help you more with the keyboard issue :/

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Thanks Queen, the Fonts helped a bit..

Tags
kde, kde35