Notices

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
I'm not certain this thread is a good idea. It would be far more beneficial (and productive) to the developer of the malfunctioning app if you used the affected app's bug tracker instead of one thread. Otherwise, every developer has to read through pages of this thread and any other similar thread or search the thread for his app's name to see if anyone is complaining.

Which do you think will garner results faster?
  • reporting through official channels with details
  • stating "this program doesn't work" in one thread with numerous other complaints without any specificity

Go to http://maemo.org/packages and search for the offending app, then use the "Report a bug in this project's bugtracker" link. If they don't have a valid bug tracker, then it is a bug. In that case I would imagine a contacting the developer directly or a thread devoted specifically to that app would be better than this cluster f*cked melting pot.
Before you start reporting a faulty app to the developer it is imperative to make sure it is actually a fault of the app and not a self induced user problem.
That is why all faults can be reported on here and as they are already getting feedback which indicates in some cases NOT a problem with the app but another reason for the app not working properly is the very reason we need to do research first.

Developers can do a word search of the whole thread to get the information he needs for instance (please correct me if i am wrong).

Last edited by abill_uk; 2010-05-31 at 10:50.

Conversations Inbox Desktop Widget isnt working for me, tried reinstalling it but it didnt help =(

Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Conversations Inbox Desktop Widget isnt working for me, tried reinstalling it but it didnt help =(
theres an update for that in extras-devel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
about facebrick..

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Calm down. w00t said he's aware of it and he's working on it
yeah. since fixed. worth noting also, that the problem was my stupidity, not 1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
I hope you know that an-droid is a theme developed for N900 , its kinda orange-silverish looking which i dont like either

but its nosa101 habit to suggest that theme to eveyone who has vkb issues so my advice just ignore him

back to topic

brain party sometimes crashes for no reason..in PR 1.1.1 it never happened
No I did not know it's an N900 theme. Thought was referring to the android phone. My apologies to nosa101

The Following User Says Thank You to Bugslife For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rohanhole View Post
try mobile hotspot !!! its working like a charm !!! plus encryption supported too ... all comes free unlike joiku !
where can i get this mobile hotspot?! lol i need this ASAP. lmk thanks!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
I can confirm this. After installing the extra decoders for Media Player, it doesn't recognize the songs on the MicroSD card *AND* also not on the internal memory card anymore.
I just tried to install it again and now it works.
Weird. Last time, i rebooted and tried to update the media library by deleting and adding new stuff but nothing worked.
Now, it works out of the box :-)

Maybe it had some dependencies with things i now have installed?

Anyway, extra decoders for Media Player works now for me.

regards,
nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to nexus101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by k0shi View Post
where can i get this mobile hotspot?! lol i need this ASAP. lmk thanks!

Yes, i'm interested as well. Although, as far as i remeber, I read somewhere that you have to use the power_kernel such that the mobile hotspot works correctly. Is that true? Can somebody gives more details about functionality, setup and dependencies?

Thanks,
nexus

Catorise isn't working for me at the moment, I have posted in the developers thread on here, waiting for a response before creating a bug report.

anyone know how to get the hotspot?