Nice!

I will probably not be able to attend the summit, however I believe I can offer valuable insight and evaluation. So, in which way I can participate online?

Best regards,

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Amsterdam
Hi everybody,

Thank you for all the quick and positive reactions so far, I'm really pleased that you are all so eager to participate and help!

As I said in my first post, more information or discussion topics will be provided in the next weeks, but to answer some of the questions stated above:

The complete co-creation project will focus on a specific topic, so that will narrow down the scope in which you can provide input and ideas for future Maemo concepts.

For the people who cannot attend the Summit, we will make sure that you can offer input online. All input will be used in the sessions during the Maemo Summit. Of course all the outcomes of the sessions will also be shared online with you.

Marieke

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marieke For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
If you only want a handful of names, then the question shouldn't be, "Do you want to be involved in this?" but "Who doesn't want to be involved in this?"

You might get a few people who don't want to help provide ideas for future Maemo concepts...

Nobody from this forum, though

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Very glad to hear that!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm extremely interested in taking part... but how exactly is this going to work for those of us that will be just online?

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
With the people who want to participate online (which will be the largest group I suppose), we want to start a dialogue around the topic, share ideas and create new ones. You can think along, provide feedback and play a part in the development process. The outcomes of these dialogues will also be used as input for the Summit workshop, so people who will attend the Summit can take those ideas a step further and this will afterwards be shared with the online community.
We have a meeting about this project with Nokia at the end of this week, so I hope to be more specific then!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marieke For This Useful Post:
If you only want a handful of names, then the question shouldn't be, "Do you want to be involved in this?" but "Who doesn't want to be involved in this?"
Well although I would be interested, I can count myself out as I'm away on work for the few days before the Summit.

Good luck though

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Really sounds like a great idea, and something that I'd defintely like to take part in. Heck, I'd make it a point to get my butt to wherever just to throw some ideas around and play with screens, simplicity, and mobile UI/X next.

The folks over at the Symbian Foundation have the ideas.symbian.org site; maybe something like that, from an organizational standpoint might help this effort... though I do hesitate in saying that there should be yet another website that has yet another login for yet another suite of conversations.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
The folks over at the Symbian Foundation have the ideas.symbian.org site; maybe something like that, from an organizational standpoint might help this effort...
Is it similar to the Brainstorm?

[...]yet another login[...]
Same login as your "main" maemo.org account.

[...] for yet another suite of conversations.
Indeed, that is a problem.