Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Sorry, added mine in the other thread

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
okay, now we have three examples. what does the community think?
remember, I'm just organzing a little bit, putting the pieces together, but in the end YOU are making the difference. You can and will decide how successful this competition will be.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
okay, now we have three examples. what does the community think?
remember, I'm just organzing a little bit, putting the pieces together, but in the end YOU are making the difference. You can and will decide how successful this competition will be.
p.s. if you can push reggie, a larger image space would be nice, twas a rather small space to fill!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Is someone _against_ using noobmonkeys logo?

If not I would like to use this one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
Is someone _against_ using noobmonkeys logo?
I'm not against it, only missing Maemo from it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Well, the name of the competition is "MeeGo Coding Competition 2011" but I agree that we shouldn't forget maemo or maemo.org.
Here is where the discussion happens (there is the same thread at forum.meego.com, but very little participation over there...), the Wiki is hosted at maemo.org servers and the voting process will be hosted by maemo.org servers.
Also it is totally okay to code for maemo and take part in this competition, but we should always have the future, that means MeeGo in mind.
So maybe it is possible for noobmonkey to add a "hosted by maemo.org" or something like that?

edit: that's my personal opinion, but the opinion of the community always goes first!

edit2: Why it's named "MeeGo Coding Competition 2011" and not "maemo coding competition 2"?
Officially there is no maemo anymore. There is MeeGo (meego.com) and probably (but not sure) Harmattan, which mostly is maemo 6. Harmattan (if released) provides MeeGo APIs, so developing for MeeGo means developing for Harmattan, too. If Qt is used, there are even less problems, that's why we encourage every participant to use it.
Also think about why it is named "MeeGo Conference" and not "maemo conference"...

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2011-03-30 at 08:17.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Well, the name of the competition is "MeeGo Coding Competition 2011" ...
Sure that is the name of the competition, but where are the participants and
voters from?
maemo.org is a must.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
maemo.org is a must.
yepp. I think we should add "maemo.org" or "hosted by maemo.org" to the logo, too.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
So maybe it is possible for noobmonkey to add a "hosted by maemo.org" or something like that?
I like this idea. Maybe move the "man with the laptop" a little up, and bellow it should be enough space for this text.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
Sure that is the name of the competition, but where are the participants and
voters from?
maemo.org is a must.
Yes, I will second this. Because of this I added the maemo Logo to my two suggestions and tried to keep the colors of this forum. The "MeeGo" was in my intention more a addition... a tribute to the future.
Who knows if we have before the end of the competition working MeeGo devices to test the applications before the vote?

I'm fine with the logo from noobmonkeys despite the neon colors. But the main reason for my purpose was to gain more attraction. And such a colorful, flashy Logo will exactly do this job! (so I hope)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia