Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Thank you all for your nice words and support.. it's great to hear that I'm not the only one that missed Instagram.

@thedead1440: Done, verified my mail (verification mail was in the spam folder)

@mdbxh: The current plan is to use the Share UI to share a link to the Instagram viewer page. But at first glance I didn't get this to work and it seems rather complicated, so maybe a simple "save to" on long tap would be ok, too.

@yongjie: Well, at the moment I just use standard QML components, so making it work shouldn't be that hard. Problem is: I don't have the hardware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Thank you all for your nice words and support.. it's great to hear that I'm not the only one that missed Instagram.

@thedead1440: Done, verified my mail (verification mail was in the spam folder)

@mdbxh: The current plan is to use the Share UI to share a link to the Instagram viewer page. But at first glance I didn't get this to work and it seems rather complicated, so maybe a simple "save to" on long tap would be ok, too.

@yongjie: Well, at the moment I just use standard QML components, so making it work shouldn't be that hard. Problem is: I don't have the hardware.
use of share UI would be nice
project sounds interesting

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Just a question, why do we need Instagram if there's Facebook? Or Picasa for that matter?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well Instagram is the current "in" thing so...

Just like we don't need Whatsapp since we have Jabber but then what's in fashion is always in-demand

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
@Jeffrey04: Agree, share ui would be great, but I need to look into that a little bit more to get it to work.

@Muzimak: Because having a choice is a good thing?
..that and what thedead1440 said

The Following User Says Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Tmo needs a bigger thanks button for this!!

The Following User Says Thank You to slashd0t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
one small thing.. The description says browse popular photos and your friends photos.. I can seem to find a way to login to search for my friends at all.. Is this a coming feature?

thanks again for your work on this.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ malaysia
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post

what a sad news...
who is good developer here? can port to N900?
QML basic on what language?? java ?

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by yongjie View Post
what a sad news...
who is good developer here? can port to N900?
QML basic on what language?? java ?
qml is a declarative language to do UI development (syntax sort of resembles JSON), though you can use javascript to do some work
there are some great tutorial screencasts you can refer at Qt's site

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Is it okay if you upload it to apps.formeego.org? this way if there are any updates we will get notified automatically from our N9/50's..

Tags
development, instago, instagram