Active Topics

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany / Mainz
@ajamils, i second that idea. It would be much more seamless without the hassle of one more button

you got a link for me to check out the new version ajamils?

@shishir_ctg you're in the wrong threat, also if you expect someone to help you more information would be usefull since nowone can know what are you trying to do and what you did so far!

ok guys got fm boost, simple fm transmitter widget and rds notify installed. works great but when i plug my phone into the in car charger signal completely goes? also rds notify has a 'no' written next to sms? any reason? thanks

Originally Posted by mason View Post
@ajamils, i second that idea. It would be much more seamless without the hassle of one more button

you got a link for me to check out the new version ajamils?
Here is the link

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=boost

Originally Posted by adam123 View Post
ok guys got fm boost, simple fm transmitter widget and rds notify installed. works great but when i plug my phone into the in car charger signal completely goes? also rds notify has a 'no' written next to sms? any reason? thanks
Activate FM Boost after you plug your car charger and activate the FM transmitter. The transmit power is throttled down when you plug in the car charger and so you need to activate the boost afterwards to throttle the power back up.

The Following User Says Thank You to BadMojoUT For This Useful Post:
thanks pal

Originally Posted by ceza_21 View Post
i use 107.3 in cambridgeshire area and east london.sound quality is quite good in my volvo v70...
Thanks for this one ... after trying on endless channels in the car with no luck - lots of static and drop outs - I tried this channel. I'm in the South East of UK (Surrey Area) and this was perfect - never dropped once, no static!! 107.3 for sure!

This is why I love linux. A few curious people tackle a problem, and all of a sudden my reasonably good FM transmitter is now an excellent FM transmitter.

Went from tolerable quality to CD quality.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this.

I'm using 90.1 in Mississauga ON Canada in case anyone in my area is looking for decent frequencies.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chewster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I've found 104.9 to work really well in downtown Toronto.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Bingley Joe View Post
I've found 104.9 to work really well in downtown Toronto.
Cool , does it mean its going to work well in Vancouver , Canada ?

I have 105.50 and it is ok , sometimes I get "funny" noises on it though , do you know how to find a vacant fm frequency with less noise in Canada ?

do I have to place my phone anywhere specific in the car ?

Cheers

I am using 100.0 In Jalandhar but sound signal damps totally when crossing 1m area. Using FM in Sony SOK-NWZ-B143F(B).