Originally Posted by AnasSyria View Post
"UPgrading" from N900 to L900 is the funniest thing I have heard ever since I got into this forum

No really, it's possible that somedude may like L900 but thinking of it as an alternative for N900, this is quite crazy
wtf, why are you dragging me in? I am enjoying my N9.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
I don't know why all of the negative (and worse dimissinve without having used it) comments are targeted at the parent poster ? He is happy having upgraded (yes upgraded) to the L900 and thats his chouice. He has stated clearly his ibservations that it is smooth and fast - and having used a N900 before that I would believe his comments have some basis to it.

So just because you happen to hate MS or Windows in whichever order that may be, you dissmiss the Lumia 900 and its WP7 OS as a downgrade ?
Come on get off your high horses and see the obvious.

I have used the L800 - and just to give you some background - I have been using Maemo and Meego up to the N950 right from the days of the N800 and using Linux on a handheld since the Zaurus days - and I can say that the Lumia 800 is a very good experience so far.

Yes there are shortcomings, lack of apps etc etc. but the N series came with a bagful of shortcomings as well (read the forum for historical rants when the N900 came out).

And for those doubting that the WP7 might not be or will not be the turnaroud for Nokia - thats a different topic altogether - and doesnt prove or disprove the merits of Lumia 900 at all.

I say to the poster - good for you. Good for experimenting with something new and good for trying to look out for new options irrespective of prejudices and uninformed opinainated forum comments. Wether it does really suffice as a complete solution can be found out only if you use it first.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
I don't know why all of the negative (and worse dimissinve without having used it) comments are targeted at the parent poster ? He is happy having upgraded (yes upgraded) to the L900 and thats his chouice. He has stated clearly his ibservations that it is smooth and fast - and having used a N900 before that I would believe his comments have some basis to it.

So just because you happen to hate MS or Windows in whichever order that may be, you dissmiss the Lumia 900 and its WP7 OS as a downgrade ?
Come on get off your high horses and see the obvious.

I have used the L800 - and just to give you some background - I have been using Maemo and Meego up to the N950 right from the days of the N800 and using Linux on a handheld since the Zaurus days - and I can say that the Lumia 800 is a very good experience so far.

Yes there are shortcomings, lack of apps etc etc. but the N series came with a bagful of shortcomings as well (read the forum for historical rants when the N900 came out).

And for those doubting that the WP7 might not be or will not be the turnaroud for Nokia - thats a different topic altogether - and doesnt prove or disprove the merits of Lumia 900 at all.

I say to the poster - good for you. Good for experimenting with something new and good for trying to look out for new options irrespective of prejudices and uninformed opinainated forum comments. Wether it does really suffice as a complete solution can be found out only if you use it first.
thanks! btw, I'm a She don't know of any male queens hehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
don't know of any male queens
Sir Elton John?

Sorry, had to.

Anyway, for what it's worth, on similar hardware (maybe on any hardware) the latest WP7 is smoother and faster than the latest iOS. So, in that regard, it may be the best smartphone user experience going.

Enjoy!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
@nokiaqueen

Why buy Lumia 900, when you could have just bought a HD2 and dual boot WP7 and ICS and keep your N900. BTW, N900's display is much crisper than Lumia's. Same resolution at a smaller screen.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i have both, not lumia 900 but lumia 800 but their spec is same, and i have to say, its total downgrade, pfffffft, maemo rule!!!!!

Honest to god!

Whether a phone is better or not it a god damn oppinion, stop flaming him or her just because they find the WP environment smooth! Which is also a matter of oppinion.

Compared to the N900 with its limited RAM and having to PAGE quite often when under stress. Most bluddy things are smoother then it..

Nobody said it was better even the OP didn't say the Lumia 900 was better..

Just that he/she has upgraded from an OLD phone to a NEW phone hence it is an UPgrade..

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
so please, N9 is far better

Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
thanks! btw, I'm a She don't know of any male queens hehe
Sorry about that - just used a common denominator "he" without really looking. Again its not as if a "he" is a common denominotor either.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
so please, N9 is far better
Bro, never mind, US people wouldnt understand abt need for SD card, USB mass storage, problem with internet connections
Or the funeral looking interface, making people 'pantang' want to buy

The Following User Says Thank You to eaglehelang For This Useful Post: