Notices

Poll: What MMORPG game would u like to have ?
Poll Options
What MMORPG game would u like to have ?

Looool no problem , there's another guy i hope he will make it
3 bases established already in the same sector
those 3 bases are close to each other
anyone who joins a sector is automatically given the next available system in the sector , thus his base on that system is closer to someone who joined that sector right before .

i've seen a cool idea on EVE online , which is their map , will make something similar displaying map of alliances / corporations / battles / destroyed ships / artifact found ...

i've set my mind to using 2 type of resources , ones that could be mined (like iron and uranium) and others "artifacts" that could be found by regular mining (by chance) or by fighting pirates .
an idea by some unknown guy who sent me to my email , said that you could gather some "blueprints" when fighting other players/pirates , those blueprints lets you build new types of ships/buildings ... will make this one for sure !

buildings will be COMPLICATED , you could build for defense/market/offence/mining/technology , you will be able to upgrade 2-4 buildings at a time so if you kept upgrading the offence buildings your other buildings will be low on upgrades , but you will have good offensive power .
till now i've put on paper about 20 buildings (and still have lots in my mind) with diffirent functionality / output / possibilities / build and upgrade requirements etc ... (WILL NEED DESIGNS , LOTS OF THEM)

this game will ROCK am already addicted to it !

@Teamer

How do you plan to work the extending of a persons base? will players be able to take over different planets for mining etc or is it all based on your base only?

you could make it that players have to create mining vessels that mine different sectors and then you wouldn't really have to expand as such... just send out mining vessels for extra resources? Obviously you have mines on your own planet but for additional resource?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
@spotfist reminds me a bit like command and conquer with a harvester constantly needing backup cos the silly thing bugger of to the nearest resource when the closest is depleted and generely thats in the enemy camp lol i love c&c

In travian you "raid" other lands by sending your "hero" the lands don't have to be occupied by other users, so you have to sometimes fight "nature" lions etc...

You could have something similar in this game, but you can build your own mining vessels instead of having just one hero. The vessel would mine until it is full and then return but not go out again unless stipulated. Pirates could attack zones they know mining is going on.

Someone explained to me in EVE you use triangulation to find enemy vessels, obviously it's a real time game so you can easily sit by a warp gate and wait for someone to warp in but perhaps in this game you could buy a "scan", you could scan in grids or something, so you scan a large area and it tells you if vessels are there but then you need to refine the scan to identify exactly where they are, you send out an attack craft, select a mining vessel to attack if there are more than one and then leg it.

If I had craft pretecting my miner they would attack back, maybe if someone leached off of me and sent thier miner to the same place they would gain pretection too... so instead of the pirate choosing to attack he/she just attacks the area and all ships in it...

Just some ideas here, sorry if Im going off on a tangent I had some good ideas about buildings etc after Teamer's post yesterday, wich I had posted as have forgotten now

In each sector there are areas with empty planets and comet-clouds , planets have same resources as your planet , clouds have 1-2 types of resources . i was planning that each player can build a special type of ship and send it to that area with the planet/cloud and start mining there , but he would need another ships to defend that area from other players/pirates

only one player can mine a planet/cloud , means ur friends and allies won't be able to sneak in and mine with ur protection there . to be able to mine you should destroy the base on that empty planet/cloud and build urs using that special ship

Last edited by teamer; 2012-02-22 at 14:27.

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
In each sector there are areas with empty planets and comet-clouds , planets have same resources as your planet , clouds have 1-2 types of resources . i was planning that each player can build a special type of ship and send it to that area with the planet/cloud and start mining there , but he would need another ships to defend that area from other players/pirates
Sounds AWESOME! given much thought to how a pirate would locate other players?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Sounds AWESOME! given much thought to how a pirate would locate other players?
yes , random pirate ships and groups will be created , and will be randomly moving in space , you could destroy them if u found them while on jorney

the map will be blacked like red alert II , you will have to build special ships to scan the map

can I as a player become a pirate and attack mining vessels?

you can't become a pirate as pirates are NPCs , but you can attack anything except bases of players with low defenses . so this means when u find an empty planet(which is aquired by some player as a vessel) or a comet cloud which is taken by another player , when clicking on that comet/planet you are given the information of the player who has it or if it is empty . if it is empty its your to take , if not , another information about the player appears (ally / enemy / neutral / pirate) . if it is an enemy or a pirate , any defensive ships around will attack you . if it is an ally or a neutral you can come close to explore/pass-by . if you attack a neutral player and defeat him you may take his vessel . you can't attack an ally before breaking up the alliance between you 2 .

attacking a neutral player give you some negative points , after some number you will be put as a "wanted" player where other players are well-paid to destroy you . plus you are marked as "enemy" for that player and all of his allies ... good luck haha be careful who you attack

attacking players listed as "wanted" does not give you any negative points or mark you as their enemy !

having a bad hangover ... couldn't think about more !

my favorite game for space theme-freelancer. it is not mmorpg but multiplayer with some of mmo's functions.
if you want to create a space mmorpg-see on freelancer,it have many true and nice things in gameplay and all.
and ofcourse best of the best from space sim games-ELITE (and oolite as evalution).
best regards