Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
And what about the CE stuff? Without it you may get big trouble when importing it to the EU...
Or worse, electrifyed

What kind of paperwork do you need for that. Isn't it mostly for chargers?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
And what about the CE stuff? Without it you may get big trouble when importing it to the EU...
Don't worry about certifications, will get them all done. Also RoHS, FCC and UL for NA

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
5. It's time. Time to put an end to this.
So why don't you?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
So why don't you?
its hard for me, if not impossible for me decide how end when jolla actually perform tasks and end projects. But a general suggestion would be to end projects. Deliver tablets when you guarantee that, pay out refunds when that's their final task.

Meanwhile, we can follow this follow up tablet campaign and hope for some more success.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
That's a great question let me look into a solution for it.
It would be best (and overall cheaper) to have a single shipment to an EU warehouse for all EU customers and then send single units from there. You will have a single customs check and avoid trouble and arbitrary decisions by individual officers (and get less total shipping cost).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
It would be best (and overall cheaper) to have a single shipment to an EU warehouse for all EU customers and then send single units from there. You will have a single customs check and avoid trouble and arbitrary decisions by individual officers (and get less total shipping cost).
This time many companies from China / HK do it this way.
They send an item via 4px Logistics company. 4px has an huge warehouse in the southern Germany (Bruchsal)

There the packages bacame new DHL Shipping labels and send to EU Countries like EU-Parcel

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
if the design is the same...
does that mean accessories like lastu case and mapgrab will fit?

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Thanks for all the information and support, it meant a lot!

Some update in bullet points:

- Youyota Tab will be using the Sharp LCD and latest revision PCB, same as Jolla Tab, instead of Aigo X86

- Battery will be 4500 mAh instead of 4300, I know it's still very little and marginal... But we did our best in current structure

- We will have an OFFICIAL and STABLE build of SFOS, and they will be maintained for for future updates, in good quality.

- We are refining the design of Keyboard Cover, to make it even more beautiful. Real picture will be posted in about a week

- We have started pre-production, PCB takes some time, but part of the components have been verified. Final prototype will be shown around first half of May. Jolla will be presenting in CCW2017 in Hong Kong on 16-18th May. My plan is to have the final prototype with them. Will double confirm later. Welcome to come and see the real prototype (in red)

- When I'm trying to fundarise the Keyboard Moto Mod I was thinking of personally funding the first batch of production. But it's out of my personal ability. So maybe I have to go through KS and IGG again, which might be a pain......

- The red 128GB prototype will be made before the CCW2017 and I will be proudly presenting here as soon as I can.

- If we decided to go for crowdfunding we may start a campaign fairly quickly as we need 45 days to deliver the product after putting into assembly line. Therefore assume May - crowdfunding - June 15th fund arrived (IGG takes 15 days to deliver funds), plus 45 days manufacturing, it will be delivered around August...... I will do the best I can to speed up.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
if the design is the same...
does that mean accessories like lastu case and mapgrab will fit?
Yes, all the external dimensions should be same

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
BTW, what happened with the Lastu cases that were made during original Jolla tablet campaign? If I remember correctly, Lastu did produce the cases (?) but they ended up being useless because there were no tablets to be put inside the cases...

It might be that I even ordered one with the tablet that never was made...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
BTW, what happened with the Lastu cases that were made during original Jolla tablet campaign? If I remember correctly, Lastu did produce the cases (?) but they ended up being useless because there were no tablets to be put inside the cases...

It might be that I even ordered one with the tablet that never was made...
as far as I know jolla scamed Lasu and they took a few hundred tousenda in in loses. Jolla got them some where.(according to twit from Lastu)

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-30 at 17:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os