Active Topics

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
if i may ask, how is this thread official?
Not very!

The formal way to get something added to the OS, with CSSU, is via bugs.maemo - either comment & vote on an existing bug or create a new one (and vote on it).
NB. Good bug reporting drives good development by both ironing out problems and extending the product. Therefore, the process maintains demand for a piece of software and hence the developer's/s' interest in itNB.

Errors and improvements should be in the bugzilla because they will get handled properly and they won't get hidden by other threads, newsor other community activity.

Off topic:
From the point of view of testing software, bugs can be anything where the softawre does not perform/act as expected (includes desired). This covers both malfunctions and extensions.

While brainstorming can bring ideas outinto the open, only by proper use of the bugs system can more constructive and specific feature-review take place (see how to write a bug report as to why). On the other hand, to know whether something's even a possibility, an informal discussion can prove beneficial. It has to be said that when reporting on multiple facets of a piece of software, may of which need attention, it might be more appropriate (friendly) to use TMO (or similar) to begin with. However, a formal bug report will yield better results because it is more formal and definitive.

The final results of the bug process are, AFAIK, invalid, wontfix or fixed, which are all quite clear and, assuming the dev-team are any good, reasons for not fixing are usually declared. If the bug is an extension, not a malfunction, this then gives others the opportuntity to build the desired functionality separately instead of expect it as part of the software being tested.
In short, if you want a feature or something isn't working:
1. Check the bug reports.
2. Is it there already (against this s/w)?
>> 2 == Y: Vote for it. Comment if you wish.
>> 2 == N: Create a new bug against this s/w. And, vote for it.
*Be very careful not to duplicate a bug*

Aside: The longer I'm involved with this and OSS in general, it's ever clearer that active bug reporting and fixing is one of the most important aspects to a platform's/community's success.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-11-06 at 14:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
1) thread emails, mark all as read/archive function

2 ) notification area?(is this imposibble?)

3) g+ apps

The Following User Says Thank You to locolyric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Hi Guys i would like to see more potrait support..and we have a beatifull desktop maybe we should start using it i mean the iphone doesn''t have this advantage the widget we can make are crazy....we can create a sort like swipe concept with live apps in the hildon desktop live updates like the nokia lumia tiles in our own dropdown box..i mean little helpfull apps like quicklaunch lets us use the phone with one hand...(i know it's all easier said than done)..but some ideas for dev out there..never i mean never let the N900 DIE it's a super phone...the world is at our feet guys....Bless the CSSU Team

The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
can v bring up pinch zoom and a proper portrait image gallery guys?? i think the images look absurd in portrait.. sorry if its already discussed

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
can v bring up pinch zoom and a proper portrait image gallery guys?? i think the images look absurd in portrait.. sorry if its already discussed
N900 does not support multitouch hence no pinch zoom afaik...
and portrait image gallery would be really nice..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
Lock the phone after closing the display.

joerg_rw already did it (big thanks!):
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=14

It would be nice, if this behaviour could be implemented without using a separate script. Non-console-users should be able to configure this via GUI.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibins For This Useful Post:
how about some factory restore feature for those with broken USB's that would like to clear the device before having to send it back to Nokia?

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
useless ideas.. similar ideas.. useless thread.. this isn't an official thread..

Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
useless ideas.. similar ideas.. useless thread.. this isn't an official thread..
did it mention anywhere it's official? first read title before going through pages.

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by praveenchand View Post
did it mention anywhere it's official? first read title before going through pages.
sulinder, u need to read and get out of mallustan.
"This thread is for the developers to pick ideas for implementation.... maybe some are amazing ones, maybe some are bleak... But still we have a central repository of IDEAS."

and no developer gives a single **** about this thread..

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900