You can reflash the saved TA region and then the phone will lock and look like it was before unlocking.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lantern For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
You can reflash the saved TA region and then the phone will lock and look like it was before unlocking.
Expect loosed the DRM keys and some of the camera functionality you had in the original before unlock I guess? :/

I planed to root my XZs this weekend but read xda forum about loosing functionality on the camera cause of the shitty DRM. So not sure anymore at least not yet but....

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Expect loosed the DRM keys and some of the camera functionality you had in the original before unlock I guess? :/

I planed to root my XZs this weekend but read xda forum about loosing functionality on the camera cause of the shitty DRM. So not sure anymore at least not yet but....
Afaik many custom roms have drm-bypass which restores those features. (not the drm keys though so returning to stock is not an option anymore at that point)

The Following User Says Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
The TA partition contains the DRM keys. Why did you think everyone was backing it up? So make sure you do that first (it's really easy).

Looks from the XDA thread that it's been verified to reflash, too, though I haven't seen anyone say it definitely makes the camera improvements work. Should if it flashes, though.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eztran For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post

Restoring TA partition (and flashing official FW) returns the phone to full original state. Good for warranty issues.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by lantern View Post
Restoring TA partition (and flashing official FW) returns the phone to full original state. Good for warranty issues.
AFAIK there is no way take backup of TA and DRM on XZs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
No public way - yeah. But we discuss here Xperia X.

Well I've managed to do a build for Z3 Tablet Compact using the things that Jolla released and already it's looking much better than it was before under cm-12.1

Wifi, camera, sensors, media playback all working.

This bodes well for other shinano platform devices like the Z2, Z3, and Z3C phones.

I've done up some basic instructions for anyone else with a Sony Open Device, it involves building a full AOSP Android image as per Sony's instructions before you can get started but otherwise supporting new devices looks to be easy.

Since everything else is working and I've now got the same kernel code as the Xperia X let's see if we can get that bluetooth working any better

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Well I've managed to do a build for Z3 Tablet Compact using the things that Jolla released and already it's looking much better than it was before under cm-12.1

This bodes well for other shinano platform devices like the Z2, Z3, and Z3C phones.

I've done up some basic instructions for anyone else with a Sony Open Device, it involves building a full AOSP Android image as per Sony's instructions before you can get started but otherwise supporting new devices looks to be easy.

Since everything else is working and I've not got the same kernel code as the Xperia X let's see if we can get that bluetooth working any better

Man, that's awesome news. Thanks r0kk3rz!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post

Since everything else is working and I've now got the same kernel
code as the Xperia X let's see if we can get that bluetooth working any better
Well done, good news:-)

Can you share your image, i.e. update the Z3 tablet thread?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x