Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Thanks a lot nh1402!

Originally Posted by xman View Post
I don't really think they will offer much more info on this other than what they have provide on the web. Since they probably don't want to promise something they can guarantee. It would be a can of worms from all the passionate people hoping to use other OS ... if it didn't work well.

With that said, I would love to know more of how the progress the alternative OS are making. Like an update to the sailfish, does Maemo-leste even boot up, ubport working? Or will you need to keep android around.

x
I agree, how well alternative OSes currently/will work is not information one would want to share before being sure, but my question really is more about whether they have something to allow multiboot already, regardless of how polished is the work on alternative OSes so far. Just want to know if installing current community port of SFOS (or Leste, who knows) means removing Android/LineageOS.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thank you @nh1402 coming to see us today. It does feel different having a TMO member around. And thank you for your thoughts and support! Hopefully the next time we meet I will hand you the final version of Pro1!

PS: I took out the N810/N900/N950 for comparison because there is a Maemian here! Thank you again for being here!

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2019-06-04 at 23:26.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by xman View Post
And yeah, British come on man it's clearly the software creating the temp bezel ... get with the program ...
Better safe (and be the fool) than sorry, but you've got a point nonetheless.

Yet, as it's crApdroid, I'm definitely *not* "getting with the program"

Speaking of which, I'm glad to see people here asking about progress on the alternatives.
It would most likely be interesting to the few of us that are privacy-conscious/FOSS-lovers to have a centralized hub of sorts where we'd have some news on the advancement of those alternatives, every now and then...
Unless I missed yet another memo and it already exists

Chen, are the devs for SFOS/Leste and the likes (if there is even more) communicating with you guys (and/or the other way around) ?

Regarding the brightness... I suppose it's good it can go high, but how low can it get ?
Having sensitive eyes, if the low is too high, it might be a problem for me

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
Chen, are the devs for SFOS and the likes (if there is even more) communicating with you guys (and/or the other way around) ?

Regarding the brightness... I suppose it's good it can go high, but how low can it get ?
Having sensitive eyes, if the low is too high, it might be a problem for me
1. Yes, in both directions.

2. It doesn't go as low as the XZ1 from what I could tell, it didn't feel too bright at the lowest setting at least in the room, but it was brighter than the other phones I compared against, but I think that's at least partially down to the screen being amoled, but it can go lower with the use of a screen filter app.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Wanted to wait for a Scandinavian layout, but if that means months of waiting for something that might never happen I would be content buying asap. My problem is mapping the keys. Too few keys on the right side to map in ÆØÅ without removing something vital.

Will it be possible to open the phone up, rearranging key placements myself, and then remap it in software?

On the subject of opening it up, how tinker friendly will it be for those of us who like to disassemble our expensive toys?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post

2. It doesn't go as low as the XZ1 from what I could tell, it didn't feel too bright at the lowest setting at least in the room, but it was brighter than the other phones I compared against, but I think that's at least partially down to the screen being amoled, but it can go lower with the use of a screen filter app.
Lineage had settings built in that let you turn brightness even further down than stock. Screen could get so dark I could barely see anything lol
How's the back plate of the phone feel? Grippy? Smooth? Vs typical glass or aluminum back phones? What's the coating, just paint?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Rumour: The next hands-on event might be somewhere in Germany... With the QWERTZ model...

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
A question that interests me: what is the progress of alternative OSes? Will one of them be usable as soon as the device is available?
Can't promise but the work is on going. I trust the developers are doing their best and something usable will come out sooner or later.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Rumour: The next hands-on event might be somewhere in Germany... With the QWERTZ model...
do you mean only the qwertz model?

and when might this event possibly more or less not take place?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaiKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Originally Posted by British View Post
Chen, are the devs for SFOS/Leste and the likes (if there is even more) communicating with you guys (and/or the other way around) ?
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I trust the developers are doing their best and something usable will come out sooner or later.
I smell a bit of a contradiction here: I'd have hoped that if you indeed are communicating bilaterally, you'd have more hard-fact than "having something usable sooner or later"

Apologies if I'm nitpicky (and possibly annoying) on the subject, but it's the main reason I'm even interested in the Pro1 (yes, more so than the HWKB)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit