@mautz
Did you managed to solve the issue you got? How is your CM14.1 build going?

Originally Posted by claustn View Post
About battery life:
I did a simple test with the wip0.16 tonight, with airplane mode on and nothing running (except Depecher in background I think), the battery decreased of 1% only over 7 hours. It seems better than my 2.0.4.13

I'll report other tests when I'll definitely switch to this new version.

Anything to make file transfer MTP work?
Hi @claustn,
I have fixed the MTP issue. It was kernel related. I applied the necessary patch and as far as I tested it works. Please flash the kernel from my signature or install wip0.21.
I hope this helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Have you thought about not using a base at all? There has been an effort to add mainline support for the nexus 5.here also I now have a dev machine and my Nexus 5 is available as a secondary device that I can use for experimentation, maybe it's time to get it going again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Have you thought about not using a base at all? There has been an effort to add mainline support for the nexus 5.here also I now have a dev machine and my Nexus 5 is available as a secondary device that I can use for experimentation, maybe it's time to get it going again.
I am sure you can install a mainline kernel on the Nexus 5. Maybe that is challenging maybe not but is possible.
But if we don't use android base, Sailfish cannot communicate with the hardware.
However writing drivers are possible too, but you need to write every single one of them and there are no documentation because those are proprietary.
The guys at Replicant are rewriting android drivers but they do support only a handful of devices and not all drivers they were able to reverse engineer. Plus, I use that Replicant 6 (Android 6 equivalent) on my Galaxy S2-i9100 but there are lots of 'the app stopped' error and some apps doesn't start or immediately ends. In my personal opinion the OS is usable, but Sailfish is better. (I hope soon can start working on this port too .)

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-10 at 14:57.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
@mautz
Did you managed to solve the issue you got? How is your CM14.1 build going?
Not far, have to sort out some errors regarding hybris-hal build at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Not far, have to sort out some errors regarding hybris-hal build at the moment.
Thank you.
I have managed to compile the kernel (got some suggestions from the guys at sailfishos-porters) then I built two sailfishos image. None of them boots. The phone stuck at the Samsung logo. And none of them gets mac address/ip address either. So telnet doesn't work, I need to manually assign a mac address and bring up the network to be able to telnet in to the phone. Then, I can start journal and see messages but mostly look ok, so I am puzzled why it doesn't continue the init process.

Edit: probably the selinux is not disabled and that is the problem.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-10 at 11:04.

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Hi @claustn,
I have fixed the MTP issue. It was kernel related. I applied the necessary patch and as far as I tested it works. Please flash the kernel from my signature or install wip0.21.
I hope this helps.
In case you are interested the patch for fixing the MTA. It is available here.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-12-10 at 11:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Any suspicious in dmesg output? What happens if you try to start the lipstick service?

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Any suspicious in dmesg output? What happens if you try to start the lipstick service?
Well, I am not there yet. As far as I saw some drives are not mounted properly either. Probably I wanted to include too many things to the beginning and didn't double check that some sub modules were pointing to old mer-hybris repos. Plus, although the kernel is compiled but still not ready for booting up Sailfish. (Selinux is definitely misconfigured in there.)

And you? Managed to make progress on the hybris-hal build?

Yes, hybris-hal finished without errors. But hadn't the time to create the configs. Maybe later or tommorow.

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid