About once a day I am screaaaaaming at the screen of my N800 because (hang on, why did so many "a"s appear in screaming????) (and now question marks too!) I will be writing a post much like this and then I decide to backspace to change a word and the browser goes back a page.

And before anyone suggests it, it is not because I am losing focus on the text area either. Sometimes, when I am typing and then hit backspace the browser backs up, and other times the backspace deletes the preceding letter...every day this happens at the wrong moment and I have to rewrite my posts

The other funnier thing is on the mobile facebook app (it's quicker than full facebook on the N800) when i type into the status box, the letters appear in a completely different order to the way I'm typing them, sometimes one letter dosen't appear until several words later!?!?!?!!?!?!

I often lost posts / emails etc for the same reason - backspacing, which needs to be doone alot due to double letters. Though it's not as bad as it used to be. Anyway, I often now just type long things out in notepad then paste into browser/textarea.

This works for me: Every time before you're going to hit the back space, hit the forward space. Make sure your focus has stayed in the text area. A little painful, but not as bad as randomly going back and forth two pages. And NEVER use the back space on highlighted text. This seems to cause the percentage of failure to go up.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
it used to happen to me. not any more. i can't recall when it stopped. maybe it was after one of the SSUs? do all of you run the latest diablo version?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
it used to happen to me. not any more. i can't recall when it stopped. maybe it was after one of the SSUs? do all of you run the latest diablo version?
The rare times that I use microb it still happens and I am running 5.2008.43-7. I thought I first noticed it after I started using Brontide and Benson's userContent CSS files.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by andysmee View Post
...I decide to backspace to change a word and the browser goes back a page.
This seems to be bug 1707.

...I have to rewrite my posts
Have you tried using the browser's forward button? Form content is usually remembered.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-04-17 at 22:01.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Have you tried using the browser's forward button? For content is usually remembered.
Yes, that is the consolation in this situation, the content is intact if you use the forward button. Otherwise, my n800 would have flown off my balcony long ago.

Tags
browser, microb