Where is my promised 50$ rebate. I have bought the phone approximately 2 months ago, filled out and sent everything the same day. Where is my $50?

Better off asking on the Nokia boards, no one here works customer service.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
No one here works customer service.
Thanks for letting me know. Nice talking to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dgonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Sent submission in first week of Jan.

Last week got mail - "not eligible for rebate" but "resubmit to (snail-mail adrress)". Called Young America to provided phone and spoke with customer service. She said something "your IMEI was entered incorrectly to data-base". What? It was written twice - in application form and in barcode too and I checked it again.

After discussion - gave up and just copied all stuff, added a packing slip (she mentioned it) and sent it again before Feb 18 is expired.

So, see-and-wait.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Connecticut
I wonder if those people working at Nokia Promotion Center is in a hurry to do something?

I sent my in the beginning of January too, and got a letter 2 weeks ago saying I didn't provide my original UPC code... Come on, I had to cut it out of the box! So I called customer service and the lady checked my rebate # and said "Oh, it's there they just didn't enter it. I could change it on the computer for you, but because it's through phone right now I'm unable to process it." Luckily I had a photocopy of the UPC and mailed that in, in which she said "Great! Once we received it, wait for it to be processed in 2-3 weeks".

Waiting..

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Miami
rebates always take a long time, think about it, why would Nokia be in a hurry to give away free money? I would take my time too...and the rebate was made at the same time the n900 was popular so they mustve of had thousands of rebates come in, thats a lot to sort through. Just give it time, im sure theyll pull through

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
Bought phone almost the last minute...on 30th January 09, and I received my rebate acceptance confirmation in the email about week ago...below is the email transcript:

YOUR NAME HERE

"Thank you for participating in the Nokia program!

You should be receiving your request in the mail within the next 2 - 3 weeks.

You will be unable to reply to this email because it has been automatically generated, please direct any inquiries to the Nokia Customer Care Center at 1-800-436-6394

For details on Nokia’s privacy policy click here: http://www.nokiausa.com/A4411013

To check order status in the "future, go to www.web-rebates.com.
"

you are lucky, i dont even receive email confirmation yet .

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
I received the following letter today from Nokia:

We received your request, and thank you for your interest in the Nokia Holiday Phone Offer. We are unable to process your request at this time because your request did not meet the following requirement(s) of the offer:

It goes on to say that I did not activate Ovi Maps or register on the Ovi store. The thing is, I DID DO BOTH before sending in my rebate, and gave my user name on the form.

More lousy customer service by Nokia or on Nokia's behalf. Going to fight this.

Last edited by jsbigs; 2010-02-19 at 22:46.

I had the same issue. I had included my newly created and confirmed user name on the form. I called and 30 minutes of debate after first being told by the support person and her supervisor that I would have to send in proof of my account creation (neither the form, nor the letter requested any proof, just the user name), a second supervisor finally admitted they had just entered my user name incorrectly into their system. She confirmed it was their fault and that my printing on the form was easy to read correctly and swore she had now re-filed my rebate request. Time will tell....