Notices

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I really don't know if I should publish this app on the store.

Not sure people need it. This app is just a very simple app but useful if you want to send small text to your Jolla from your laptop or even localy to clipboard in shell using localhost 4444. The text sent from laptop is stored in the clipboard so you easy can insert it in a textfield, browser url or whatever suited...

I just wrote it because I wanted to not tap the very long password used on my SMTP server.

Message are sent over UDP and there is no security et all so don't run this app when not on a safe network.

So atm this is just a prof of concept.

No UI done on PC side just a little shell script:

to send a message to phone just cut and paste below code and save as sendsail.py on your laptop.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python                                                                                                                                                  
import socket                                                                                                                                                      
import sys                                                                                                                                                         
phoneip = "192.168.1.130"                                                                                                                          
if len(sys.argv) < 2:                                                                                                                                              
    print ("Meeh, what do you want to send?")                                                                                                                                           
else:                                                                                                                                                              
    data = sys.argv[1]                                                                                                                                             

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)                                                                                                               
s.sendto(data, (phoneip, 4444)) 
s.close()
And the phone app:

http://7b4.se/sailfish/default/downl...9363ebeb555c73

Ideas I may implement:

encrypt data with AES256 before send it.

Screenshot:
Attached Images

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-12-25 at 15:33.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: