Notices

Poll: What MMORPG game would u like to have ?
Poll Options
What MMORPG game would u like to have ?

i like game like diablo, baldur's gate, icewind dale etc for mmorpg Dark Age of Camelot, for me the best game of ever!!! for the first games isnt a problem with scummvm you can play with it, but the problem of the last... is a game of 98' buti think isnt portable on n900, for 2 reason, there isnt a wine or an emulator similar for run application windows SO on n900. the other problems are the keyboard and mouse... you can use keyboard wifi an mouse usb. if someone can emulate windows application would be great! or the last chance is install the version of windows 7 on n900 but i think the problem is the cpu!

Originally Posted by colla84 View Post
i like game like diablo, baldur's gate, icewind dale etc for mmorpg Dark Age of Camelot, for me the best game of ever!!! for the first games isnt a problem with scummvm you can play with it, but the problem of the last... is a game of 98' buti think isnt portable on n900, for 2 reason, there isnt a wine or an emulator similar for run application windows SO on n900. the other problems are the keyboard and mouse... you can use keyboard wifi an mouse usb. if someone can emulate windows application would be great! or the last chance is install the version of windows 7 on n900 but i think the problem is the cpu!
The idea was to start a web browser game bro , and we already started building it looks like you didnt read all the main post

Originally Posted by teamer View Post
hmm , didn't see that , does the name appear ?
the images won't show as they are large , so only the black area of the image is visible , but you check the name if it exists by tapping that build area again
the names did not appear..but it only happened once before..now its fine and building+resource system is very nice..and im running on very slow internet speed..about 300kbps..and im sorry for not being able to submit any graphic..i had very little time on my pc.

Originally Posted by kp_welch View Post
the names did not appear..but it only happened once before..now its fine and building+resource system is very nice..and im running on very slow internet speed..about 300kbps..and im sorry for not being able to submit any graphic..i had very little time on my pc.
Nice to hear that everything is working fine now
can start with the mining procedures
any ideas about where to put the "collect all resources" button ?

Collect all resources? are the mines not producing all the time? or are you meant to send a transport to pick up the resources?

You mentioned earlier that you could expand to other planets, is that right? Would be awesome, would defo need to pick up all your resources then via some transport, but surely your home base you just get am all?

Let me know if I got the wrong end of the stick here

Perhaps you could click on a mine bringing up a little stats screen, letting you know how much resources are there and how long it would take to collect?

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Collect all resources? are the mines not producing all the time? or are you meant to send a transport to pick up the resources?

You mentioned earlier that you could expand to other planets, is that right? Would be awesome, would defo need to pick up all your resources then via some transport, but surely your home base you just get am all?

Let me know if I got the wrong end of the stick here

Perhaps you could click on a mine bringing up a little stats screen, letting you know how much resources are there and how long it would take to collect?
The mines are producing all the time , each mine have capacity for resources it could save , once you want , you click "collect resources" so the resources goes to your base and then you can use them . each mine will have it's own button , but what if you had 4 of each mine types (would be around 20 mines) will you be pressing them all one by one ? it would be annoying , so somewhere in the base there should be a "collect all resources" button , how about clicking on the system will popup a small info box about the system,its location and a button of collect all resources ?

Yes you will be able to expand to other planets , but those planets could be destroyed and taken over by other players , so you have to leave some ships/fleets to protect them , and any ally/friend who leaves his ships near that planet is automatically taking some resources . i wanted to have a button for those planets as well (collect resources) but what do you think is better , one button to colelct resources from those planets (as in the main base) ? or when clicking on it , a cargo ship with the resources is sent to your base (when it could be attacked as well ) ? but it would be a problem for those far-far-very-far planets (it might take a month depending )

i give my idea for a game in 3d :P 2d is the past not the future

i would have made a 3D game , but i know no good 3D designer , and it would have taken much more time than this one , specially i barely have time for this one as everyone can see but it i'll finish it anyways .

plus a web-browser game is not from the past , there are alot of browser based games running on facebook for example .

and maybe in the future this game will become in 3D (am building the engine in a way that could be used for a 3D later on )

plus browser-based games (not flash ones) could be played anywhere and anytime from your phone and PC , i believe sooner or later a 3D engine for CSS3 will be available (i've seen some people who built 3D mazes in CSS ! so it would be possible if not with CSS3 then maybe CSS4 ?)

Ye you are right, I must have imagined the release of angry birds in space last week?!?!?!

Re: the actual post.

Could you not have the mines automatically hand over the minerals to you for use? This would only happen on your home planet where your base is as it's right there so clicking a button would just be a useless step (you don't have to click on a tiberium refinery to get the cash in c&c) , when you expand to another planet/system you then use a transport to collect the resources, maybe transports only hold so much material so you may need more transport etc, you maybe click the ship button then your transports and select the resources you want to bring back. Perhaps as you said these could be attacked? This method means only once you can build transport is it really worth expanding... Then again you kinda need transports to trade don't you?

hmmm, Maybe at the start you have to pay people to transport/trade your materials... Could be a good business in the game, providing transport for noobs Only ideas though dude, it's your game

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Ye you are right, I must have imagined the release of angry birds in space last week?!?!?!

Re: the actual post.

Could you not have the mines automatically hand over the minerals to you for use? This would only happen on your home planet where your base is as it's right there so clicking a button would just be a useless step (you don't have to click on a tiberium refinery to get the cash in c&c) , when you expand to another planet/system you then use a transport to collect the resources, maybe transports only hold so much material so you may need more transport etc, you maybe click the ship button then your transports and select the resources you want to bring back. Perhaps as you said these could be attacked? This method means only once you can build transport is it really worth expanding... Then again you kinda need transports to trade don't you?

hmmm, Maybe at the start you have to pay people to transport/trade your materials... Could be a good business in the game, providing transport for noobs Only ideas though dude, it's your game
Sorry fot the LOOOONG time , i was soooo busy even to check my email ! .
Anyway , the idea is just GREAT i will try to implement it for sure , and it's not only my game , it's everyone's game , i will try to make any suggestion

Last night i have implemented the "Gather Resources" from a single mine , and from all mines in a system at once need some testing guys , i have tested it so far and didn't find any problems , but i am sure you will find some (programmers don't usually find bugs because they know how the code runs :s thats why Q.A departments exist in large I.T companies hehe) .

once no bugs found in the resource gathering stuff , i will start programming the "Upgrade Bullding" , once the upgrade is finished . i will be able to add more buildings (mines - map room , communication center , fleet managements center ... etc) but i can't do it right now because any mistake will require long time editing every building , so a rough testing is a must guys (dont put any mercy >-] )

and still need design for buildings , can't use these images as they are not scaled as should be .

waiting fro your replies
Attached Images