Posts: 73 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Hi there guys, I am having a problem with the display time out on my Nokia N9. It's no longer working, if lock the phone and receive a message, the phone's wallpaper will be on forever until you noticed and force to lock the phone again before it goes to standby. I tried to do restore, didn't work; full reset still didn't work; and lastly, reinstalling the software did not help too.

On the process of downloading the software through Nokia Suite it painful here in the Philippines especially if you are just using a mobile broadband, still I waited. After 7 hours of so, it says that the Nokia Suite is now preparing to install the new software and gave me warnings. I followed it and on the last secs, my phone finished installing the software yet when it reboot, the phone stuck to a blank screen and Nokia gave me this message, see screenshot attached. Thank you.
Attached Images

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by Travz03 View Post
Hi there guys, I am having a problem with the display time out on my Nokia N9. It's no longer working, if lock the phone and receive a message, the phone's wallpaper will be on forever until you noticed and force to lock the phone again before it goes to standby. I tried to do restore, didn't work; full reset still didn't work; and lastly, reinstalling the software did not help too.

On the process of downloading the software through Nokia Suite it painful here in the Philippines especially if you are just using a mobile broadband, still I waited. After 7 hours of so, it says that the Nokia Suite is now preparing to install the new software and gave me warnings. I followed it and on the last secs, my phone finished installing the software yet when it reboot, the phone stuck to a blank screen and Nokia gave me this message, see screenshot attached. Thank you.
Update: I removed the cable, observed the phone. It's working properly except the same issue on the display time out was not addressed. Any help guys... Please.... I also tried changing the time out time from 15, 30, 1min, 2 mins and 3mins, but no luck.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
first things first...grab the copy of FW Nokia Suite downloaded...it should be either in
1) C:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\local\nokia\
2) c:\users\YOUR_USER\appdata\roaming\nokia\
3) c:\programdata\nokia\

Then copy it over to any location of your liking...and do a reflash using the Comprehensive Flashing Guide...

I have problem with my N9 in displaying time-out after install some games that the screen not sleep unless i switched off 'switching screen off from power button' What to do ?

and another problem the phone asking for wireless connection when its startup from shutdown, how can i know witch programs asking for connection when startup ?