Active Topics

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Wow! I must say this sounds much more optimistic than I originally thought. I did back them in the original campaign, mainly because in my eyes they deserve support already for the effort of trying to make such a device in 2017/18, but now I start feeling quite some potential (I have to admit my first impression about the linux support was that they will sort of one-time hack something, maybe even just through chrooting, tick the corresponding bullet in powerpoint, and then solely concentrate on the Android needs).

It's quite a shame it won't be one-hand operable... On the other hand, that means I can keep dreaming about a true N900 successor (hello, Chen :-) )

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTU28QgYHdQ

This answers most of our questions regarding Gemini PDA

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
There is no a formal or official relationship in here - it's still a community port, and the press release just shows that SFOS can run on this device.

And it's been such a long time there isn't a single mention on the Youyota Tablet. Which literally makes everything much more difficult.

Sigh
Wait what - a community port? What is Pienimäki doing there on stage then? Stealing the show? I dont recall any mention on it being a community port (correct me if im wrong); so this has to be jolla beef, or it means they are stealing projects from someone else.

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Deleted... Based on incorrrect info... Corrected by Robissimo below.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. This post applies to US carriers.

Last edited by mscion; 2018-03-19 at 06:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Good to see it running Hildon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Hildon? What? When? Where?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Hildon? What? When? Where?
Last OS featured in the YouTube link a few posts before. PostmarketOS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I just checked the LTE bands and it might work on one band using US. Cellular (band 5) and one band for Sprint (band 41). So it rather limited. They need to have gotten in line with a Tmobile or At&t frequencies for it to be worth a go for me. A little disappointed...

EDIT: I forgot to mention. This post applies to US carriers.

I just checked, t-mobile, from this site https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988, says that it can use bands 2 and 4 for lte both of which are listed as supported lte bands on the gemini indiegogo site.

I don't know much about this kind of stuff so I am probably wrong.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robissimo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Robissimo View Post
I just checked, t-mobile, from this site https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988, says that it can use bands 2 and 4 for lte both of which are listed as supported lte bands on the gemini indiegogo site.

I don't know much about this kind of stuff so I am probably wrong.

Thanks! The table of US carrier frequencies I was checking was either outdated or incorrect. The Tmobile LTE bands 2 4 5 12 are supported by Gemini PDA! I'm interested again!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I really hope they open enough bits to allow us to bring the full maemo (leste) experience on that device.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
gemini pda