Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Could someone of the Moderators / Admins please decide how to merge 2 Brainstorms?

Is this a good Idea?
Should we keep up several ones for the same issue?
Could we add a redicretion link from the one (closed) to the other (still open) Brainstorm?
Or should we delete the second Brainstorm instead of a redirection?

Here is the first: Brainstorm 1
Here is the second: Brainstorm 2

And here a Discussion about how to merge: LINK

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
If it was up to me (ie a mod) to decide, i wouldn't be waiting for that long-winded discussion about it (in which you were taking quite active part, iirc). Welcome to governance by democracy with no official means of polling.

Post this query in the "Ask the council" thread and see if you get farther than i did.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
My previous reply was I'm ok with whatever Flandry thinks should be done. Go for it.

EDIT: if you don't have access to the actual Brainstorm tool, then we can rope EIPI in.

Well TBH i got so overwhelmed with the morass of overlapping entries and uncertainty about what was acceptable to do to fix it that i've been doing other things on maemo than banging my head against the Brainstorm while waiting for what seemed like an impasse to resolve. Meanwhile, chemist has been spending a lot of time on it and demonstrating a lot more patience than i have. I would follow whatever lead he wants to set, as i think he probably has the best working knowledge of Brainstorm by far, and thus the best insight on what would work best.

Chemist, would you be willing to put together a brief summary of how the mods should handle Brainstorm? If we have any serious objections to it i guess we can hash them out; otherwise, i think it's time for coherent and consistent action.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Understood Flandry. I'm still working on my process diagram along with other needs. Hope to have it soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._call_support/ doesn't seem to have any related discussion thread. Can we create or reuse one?

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._call_support/ doesn't seem to have any related discussion thread. Can we create or reuse one?
Original talk thread is here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42409. N900 moderator needed to move it.

BTW, the quality of detail and discussion on this proposal is stunning. I hereby retract my opinion that we need to restrict the Brainstorm tool to Brainstorm "champions" in order to achieve some kind of order in Brainstorm.

I'm also selling the Brooklyn bridge, cheap.

I also moved a thread from Games for a Brainstorm proposal that had no thread in Brainstorm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Moved.

Indeed, some proposals are getting the 10 votes without much problems even if they are missing the basic quality requirements. This proposal about video calling is a good example.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Okay, I've got a new question:
Why is the Brainstorm "MicroB WebBrowser: possibility to scroll fast in long websites" still in Status Waiting [Sandbox]. The Brainstorm got the Carma 15.

With a Carma over 10 and more than 1 Solution for more than 1 Day a Brainstorm gets the Status [Under consideration] - is this correct or am I wrong?

Have I overlooked a detail? Is something wrong or missing?

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Please change the status tag in the topic of the thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37034
to "[Implemented] SyncML support in Maemo5!" and please change also the status of the brainstom itself to implemented.

See first solution in brainstorm itself for the reason.

Thanks a lot!

PS.: I am unsure if the developer of syncevolution ever read the brainstom or the thread in this area of t.m.o but anyway it's unbelievably great to have a full working solution after less than a half year for this problem!

Me on twitter