Active Topics

Originally Posted by javid View Post
@itsnotabigtruck thankyou for taking the time to write this up
In your opinion is this safer than using some other application based flashing utility?
Do you know if NSU will allow me to use pre-downloaded files?
Whats the difference between nokia care and prod external in navifirm? (do you use + or regular navifirm?)
The reason i ask - i miyself have a N8-00 and my wife has the better phone - N9-00
She's currently where the internet is painfully slow - or non-existent.
I had thought of pre-downloading the firmware files and then flashing at my leisure (yea right)
So - right now - she is at PR1.0 - and now that 1.2 has come out - i need to update her twice - which means i need to risk the flashing twice...
Also - where do the files to be flashed need to be located? same folder as flasher?
And since i have your attention - if for some reason the internet is working well when i start an OTA instead- and the internet disappears mid download - will it hurt the phone or will i just need to start again when the internet returns?

Thanks in advance!
Production External is what NSU uses to download firmware images; Nokia Care Suite is similar but has more files, including the eMMC content images.

You can indeed use NAVIFIRM to pre-download the firmware images - that's how I originally upgraded to PR1.1. Note that you need to download all the files listed under Production External for your phone's exact product code, then copy them into the right place. I don't remember off-hand exactly where the "right place" is, but it's some hidden directory somewhere.

The updater on the phone downloads everything before beginning the OS upgrade, so you don't need to worry about connection dropouts. However, it's a little buggy, and I had to reboot the phone in order to begin the download again after getting stuck.

Edit: Drop the files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia\NSU3\NOSSU 2\variants\Products\rm-696

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-03-01 at 21:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ houston, tx
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Production External is what NSU uses to download firmware images; Nokia Care Suite is similar but has more files, including the eMMC content images.

You can indeed use NAVIFIRM to pre-download the firmware images - that's how I originally upgraded to PR1.1. Note that you need to download all the files listed under Production External for your phone's exact product code, then copy them into the right place. I don't remember off-hand exactly where the "right place" is, but it's some hidden directory somewhere.

The updater on the phone downloads everything before beginning the OS upgrade, so you don't need to worry about connection dropouts. However, it's a little buggy, and I had to reboot the phone in order to begin the download again after getting stuck.

Edit: Drop the files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Nokia\NSU3\NOSSU 2\variants\Products\rm-696
that is certainly obscure!
that is the location for Winflasher, correct?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Downloading the 1.2 firmware now, thanks for the guide!

Originally Posted by javid View Post
that is certainly obscure!
that is the location for Winflasher, correct?
Nope - it's for Nokia Software Updater (NSU). Flasher loads firmware images from wherever you tell it to.

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
i changed my product code to get update 1.2 with nsu. At the end of installation it gave error about usb connection and nsu couldnt recover the phone as well. So i flashed same files with flasher with any probs. But it gave warning at start of phone about warranty.

i can go back my original 1.1 with error at the end of installation about

bb5 rdc cert read failed
mtc nos ready not received

and phone starts but it gives a simcard problem and never recognizes it after some trying time.

Im at 1.2 again with warning at the start. What can i do?

P.s : i cant change my product code after first flash. How can i go local mode in this situation to change product code back or sth else.

if i go back 1.1 and connects it in suite mode. nss sees the product code but, because of cant get to local mode, it cant be changed.

waiting for help...

Which variant are you trying to upgrade from, and which are you trying to flash?

Try downloading the firmware image that was on your phone before, then doing:

Code:
flasher -f -F pr12-main.bin --flash-only=nolo,kernel,rootfs
flasher -f -F pr11-main.bin --flash-only=cmt
flasher -f -F pr12-emmc.bin
(pr11-main.bin is the old firmware, pr12-main.bin is the new firmware)

what is the purpose of changing n9 product code? especially when we can flash our n9 with other country variant firmware with the same or higher legacy number(number after PR)

original variant is 059M4z8. i changed it to 059J214 (both are turkey code)

And flashed it to 059J214 1.2 image.

flasher -i command says its still 1.1

The flasher codes that you've given me, i will try them now.

-first with success.

-second failed with these;

bb5 rdc cert read failed (11 times)
mtc nos ready not received (3 times)
cmt rfs failed
pipe 2 finishing in error state with status 1

do i need to do third one?

from your codes. i understand that the only problem was cmt. So i flashed back to 1.1 and got cmt from 1.2 . so it did the trick.

thanks for all your help

Tags
flashing, nokia n9