Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
The GPS locks satelites in seconds (a-gps being off).
It is ultra fast.

competes with N8. Slightly faster than N900 (!)

*routing is mediocre though, I'll admit.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You guys claiming fast locks... have you moved any since your last lock?

I did. And that stuff took forever. If I'm sitting at home or somewhere I just locked a few moments ago and go out to my car - minimal movement - it's fast. I was over 2 miles (~1km) away and had to find a place, took forever.

And yes... I know that most phones do that. But they're still faster than the N9.

at first i though it slow because of the magnetic storm from the sun several days ago but it still slow, i have test both gps and agpas but t not working at all, may be i have intall so much softwares, i will flash it and see the result tomorrow

Some apps are better at getting gps locks than others. Use GpsMeefo to get a lock first, then Nokia Maps should also get the lock.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Compared to lumia 800, N9 is inferior. Nokia maps on N9 is also slow and times inaccurate.
I dont think so..I own both the phones

i have flash the n9 completely but the situation is almost the same, i have to wait 30 minutes but still not working who help me find the reason, should 1 report it to nokia or go to nokia care to check ??????

My 2 cents :

I live in Singapore. While in Singapore, the GPS lock is really really fast. Some time last month, I traveled to the US. Since I knew I was going to be in MA and CA, I downloaded both of those maps onto my phone. In the US, GPS performance was really bad. It probably took about 5 mins to get a lock when I was in suburban Boston, and when I was in the Bay Area, I'm pretty sure I left maps on for longer than 5 mins and did not get a lock.

Another interesting thing I noticed when in the US :
My battery life was not as good as it is in Singapore. I suspect T-mobile's network isn't as good as the networks in Singapore, and the phone has to work hard to keep a reliable connection going. I was on the prepaid $3 / day unlimited everything plan.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You guys claiming fast locks... have you moved any since your last lock?

I did. And that stuff took forever. If I'm sitting at home or somewhere I just locked a few moments ago and go out to my car - minimal movement - it's fast. I was over 2 miles (~1km) away and had to find a place, took forever.

And yes... I know that most phones do that. But they're still faster than the N9.
No, I've used started it from several locations and has always been a quick lock for me, it's been very noticable compared to my E7 which I always found acceptable. I would say the E7 tended to take around 20-30 seconds to get a lock on average, compared to around 10 seconds on the N9.

oh, may be i am from Vietnam so the GPS sucks !! :P but i still wonder why the galaxy of my brother has gps lock faster than me (

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by cenakhoa View Post
oh, may be i am from Vietnam so the GPS sucks !! :P but i still wonder why the galaxy of my brother has gps lock faster than me (
Lots of advice here and not one thank you