Active Topics

Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London

This project is completely owned by Youyota Team, if you need their contact detail please send me a PM.

I am only responsible for Livermorium Keyboard Mod project, and not involved in this project financially. Only as a community member trying to restore this hardware. I linked groups to make it started at the beginning and shared what I know, then check/chase Youyota regularly for the progress/status.

With the recent Livermorium Keyboard Mod go-to-market plan and production I am unable to follow this project. If you need to contact Youyota directly, please PM. Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2018-03-27 at 13:53.

The Following 90 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
243kof, abyzthomas, accumulator, aironeous, ajalkane, Amboss, anapospastos, aspergerguy, benny1967, Boxeri, Bundyo, claustn, coderus, coley, cy8aer, Drekkie, DrYak, elastic, eson, explit, Fatalist, Feathers McGraw, Fellfrosch, fLegmatik, gabs5807, Halftux, hardy_magnus, hhbbap, HtheB, imaginaryenemy, J4ZZ, jakibaki, jalomann, Jaracz, Jedibeeftrix, JiiHoo, joerg_rw, john_god, Jordi, juiceme, jukk, karlos devel, klinglerware, Koiruus, lal, lancewex, linuxunux, ljo, Macros, MAMA, MartinK, Matti, Merienth, MINKIN2, MJ m, mp107, mrsellout, mr_pingu, mscion, nthn, NX500, olf, onion, otsaloma, OVK, pacman, Peccelius, pexi, pichlo, r0kk3rz, rcolistete, rinigus, santeira, saponga, shinchim0, skanky, Sthocs, taixzo, The Wizard of Huz, thedead1440, theonelaw, ThomasAH, tmi, tomtom, Tsippaduida, Wikiwide, willi6868, wow23, xman
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Innopolis, Russia
I will buy

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to neochapay For This Useful Post:
...... We will also re-design the case to make it keyboard friendly.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-07-06 at 21:45.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
I will buy, provided that it comes with official Jolla support.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
I will buy, provided that it comes with official Jolla support.
Yes 100% official support. Inc. Alien Dalvik and MS Exchange.

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
So performance wise will it be the same? Is ram same? I like my Jolla tablet but it could use faster processor. Increased memory is great news.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
So performance wise will it be the same? Is ram same? I like my Jolla tablet but it could use faster processor. Increased memory is great news.
It will be exact same. Changing processor and RAM will involve:

- A complete re-engineering on software inc. Alien Dalvik. Which not only cost money but a lot time.

- Re-work on PCB design, same time and effort as above.

I'd love to have a better specs but for our current time and funding constraints using same design is much more feasible.

For future devices with a more powerful hardware, we will start working very shortly. They take a lot time.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Sure i would buy another one.
Using it daily and have unnecessary fights with my daughter whos turn it is

Are "you" paying fees to Jolla for using sailfish then? Are there any royalties attached for using the old design? Who owns "it" currently?

My head just imploded under a million other questions but those would clear up most for me.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Sure i would buy another one.
Using it daily and have unnecessary fights with my daughter whos turn it is

Are "you" paying fees to Jolla for using sailfish then? Are there any royalties attached for using the old design? Who owns "it" currently?

My head just imploded under a million other questions but those would clear up most for me.
"I" will team with our design partner as "We" using brand "Youyota", We will pay Jolla licence fee.

No Royalties as the old design was designed by "us", or our design house more preciously.

We own it now.

More questions are welcomed.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
I am interested in this too. What about shipping? Are there problems to get them to Europe or is there a little help by Jolla?

Last edited by cy8aer; 2017-03-31 at 16:16.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os